Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Universal Turbo Systems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 01:58 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tracedaddy
True. There was another kit on Ebay a while back from On 3 Performance. It received very good reviews. (I have another thread on that one.) It's not on eBay anymore though. That one was around $1300. I thought that was cheap.
I think there's been some people who have bought kits like those just for the piping and used a name brand head unit like a Powerhouse.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:36 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

In my "Real World" though, we just had to make a decision to go with Adobe Professional or another product called Nuance across our firm. Nuance is radically less expensive and our users liked it better.

I have no idea if/how that translates to turbos.
If Nuance had X% higher chance of detonating your user's computers, would you still have gone with it?

If something goes wrong with a turbo system, it may not be as simple as shaking your head and buying the other kit.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Nope. I wouldn't. But I don't dismiss something out of hand without researching it.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Bells are ringing. But...dropping 4 grand on something else doesn't make it perfect either. Just looking for the best mix of value and performance.
How much would that turbo, plus a replacement motor run?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Relax guys. I haven't purchased anything. I'm just looking for some rational research and information. I'm not looking for the lazy answer. "It doesn't cost a fortune so it must suck." (Or rather blow) It's easy to assume that. Just looking to see if someone else tried it and can disprove that.

So far not.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Roush06GA
1st Gear Member

i have been researching and on 3 perfomance kit looks legit. i have gone to other forums and few people have that kit and had success. the kit is not complete, but for ab $3600 you can have a complete kit,, cheaper if you find parts on deal or used. i think im getting this kit for christmas..
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush06GA
i have been researching and on 3 perfomance kit looks legit. i have gone to other forums and few people have that kit and had success. the kit is not complete, but for ab $3600 you can have a complete kit,, cheaper if you find parts on deal or used. i think im getting this kit for christmas..
Have you found a place to buy one? They aren't on eBay anymore and their website is boluxed up. I did find a phone number on the site and called. Went to a Sprint voicemail box.

They may be no longer.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Roush06GA
1st Gear Member

Have you found a place to buy one? They aren't on eBay anymore and their website is boluxed up. I did find a phone number on the site and called. Went to a Sprint voicemail box.

They may be no longer.
you can go to ..www.ampspeedlab.com they have the kit.. let me know if you get this kit.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:13 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

On3performance has gotten mixed reviews from the 4.6 modular section, some guys like it, most say the piping is cheap and have had an assortment of other issues...

seriously, you get what you pay for, the best and cheapest way to do something is to do it the right way, the first time

Last edited by tdcalhoun89; 11-08-2010 at 04:13 PM. Reason: can't type
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

Thanks Rousch. That would be the place. And that's entirely possible Calhoun. I have a call in to my local Musang Perfromance Shop to get his opinion and estimate for installation. I'll pass along any words of wisdom he has. He's pretty well respected in this area.

Quick Reply: Universal Turbo Systems