Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 5.0 STOLEN!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2010, 05:40 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Well it depends on the Canadian laws and their form of UCMJ (The OP is in the Canadian military). In the US military and under US UCMJ, there might be provisions for that, but that unfortunately does not extend to other countries' versions of their military laws and compensation.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:43 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

The witness went to the mp's about what he saw. I did not find him. No I did not miss a payment and have it repoed. If I find out who did it bad things will happen. That's a promise. The cop said he can't tell me the name of who did it if they find out, but cN give me the court date. Then I can go to court and watch. Wait for this thirfe to be called up. Then I'll know who did it.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

That sucks big time bro!! I hope they are able to find the A-holes that did this!!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Rawn

I guess no one really expects anyone to have the ***** to ride in to an army base to steal a car so no one suspected anything bad about it. >_>

That really sucks dude. The base security is at fault and it seems like you should be compensated by them, imo.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Really sucks man. The problem in these situations is even if you find out who did it, you'll be the one sitting in jail and the "bad guy", or end up dead, etc, when you go try and "f" them up. The best thing to hope for now is you never see the thing again, and you get sufficient payout from insurance (and hopefully a GAP policy) to cover your loan.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
AllGT
1st Gear Member

Lowjack is soooo worth the cost. You would have it back by now! It was my first mod on my car!
Old 11-15-2010, 05:05 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AllGT
Lowjack is soooo worth the cost. You would have it back by now! It was my first mod on my car!
LoJack advertises that they get like 80% of the cars back but notice how they don't say anything about it still being a whole car when you get it back. I've had two cars stolen and I got both back without LoJack, they were both stripped and a total loss.

My last car that was stolen was my Honda S2000. Stolen between 1:30am and 3am, dumped 100% stripped by 8am.

Cops don't care about stolen cars unless it's a carjacking or something where someone is hurt. LoJack or not they don't actively look for or pursue them.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:01 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

so there is no question / check point to get on a Candian Army base? No vehicle registration required or ID to get in? Canada or not, that seems very odd for any military.
Old 11-15-2010, 06:04 PM
4.0 monster

the one problem you can have with a Ford! lol
Old 11-15-2010, 11:06 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I think Chip Foose did it and he's gonna returned it to you as a customized BOSS eh?
Sorry, bad joke.

Tow trucks (flat beds) are the #1 tool used for stolen cars...
No one suspect them and think it's repos or brake downs etc...

The Mustang community owe to keep an eye on these trucks and always investigate the legitimacy of it.
I know I do...
Actually, #1 is someone opening a car door and using the keys some idiot left in the ignition.

Second is burglarizing a car and finding the keys left in there. Burging the home and finding the keys goes right in there too.

Third would the good old fashion "punch the ignition" and go.

Shaved keys. More for Hondas and Toyotas.

ANd probably the most often, even above #1, is the person who owes drug money to someone and they let them "borrow" their car. Weeks go by and the dealer doesn't return the car. Car gets reported stolen. Otherwise known as a "ROCK RIDE".

For higher end cars (new cars) like ours with theft deterant sytems and chipped keys, unless someone has the keys or a master reprogrammer (seen that too), tow trucks are used. Cars are stripped or shipped out of the country within the first 24 hours and are never seen again. Until they come back on a different boat with new VINs and computers.

There are tons of GM light trucks and SUVs that come from Mexico with new VINs and computers. Only to be found by a determined auto theft investigator and returned to the orginal owner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 STOLEN!!!!!!!