Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 5.0 STOLEN!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 10:14 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by carguygt
The witness went to the mp's about what he saw. I did not find him. No I did not miss a payment and have it repoed. If I find out who did it bad things will happen. That's a promise. The cop said he can't tell me the name of who did it if they find out, but cN give me the court date. Then I can go to court and watch. Wait for this thirfe to be called up. Then I'll know who did it.
Wait, so you're assuming that the witness was involved in the theft and you are going to go to court to see who it was.
I guess that brings me to my question: Why would the witness go to the MPs, tell them what he saw and then appear in court if he was involved in the theft. You might want to think this through....
Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
Wait, so you're assuming that the witness was involved in the theft and you are going to go to court to see who it was.
I guess that brings me to my question: Why would the witness go to the MPs, tell them what he saw and then appear in court if he was involved in the theft. You might want to think this through....
I read it as they won't release the name of the perp if/once found, not the witness. Either way, I agree that this sucks, but please don't do anything rash so as to put yourself into a position that would damage your integrity/honor. You are a soldier and represent more than yourself. Good luck and please keep us updated.

Don (former Ammo Troop, USAF... IYAAYAS!)
Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

you need to work on your reading interpretation skills...

The witness made the report to the MPs when he saw a car with alarm going off being loaded on a flat bed.

He didn't say the witness is involved.

He did not say he is going to court.

IF the MPs find out who did it, they can not release the info to the claimant (prevents vigilantism) and as normal in court hearings, the witness would have to appear.....
Old 11-16-2010, 12:35 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

In my last stang I had mobile angel, you do all the tracking and since it is GPS it will tell you last location before losing signal. Other great thing is it will text your phone and send you an email when alarm is tripped.

http://www.mobileangelgps.com/

Originally Posted by AllGT
Lowjack is soooo worth the cost. You would have it back by now! It was my first mod on my car!
Old 11-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't even want a car back after its been stolen, lol... I always just figure if someone takes it, I'll fail to notice for an extra several hours, then call it in. I always have plenty of insurance as well as a GAP policy on any car I owe money on, so in some ways, depending on how the car has held its value, the thief could be doing me a favor, lol.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
enix187
3rd Gear Member

We had my dads 88 gt stolen, settled with the insurance company, the guy was pulled for a tailight out and ran, dad bought it back, we had the guys TAX RETURN in the car, two paychecks and mail to his house, not only did the cops do nothing, they told us that If we were found near the guy we'd be arrested, funny how they **** over the victim, oh and it took a month for the police to even notify the insurance company, sat in an impound yard with a window down.
Old 11-16-2010, 02:09 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't even want a car back after its been stolen, lol... I always just figure if someone takes it, I'll fail to notice for an extra several hours, then call it in. I always have plenty of insurance as well as a GAP policy on any car I owe money on, so in some ways, depending on how the car has held its value, the thief could be doing me a favor, lol.
+1 , I don't think I want it back.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
+2

I wouldn't want it back either. Who knows what happened in/to/with the stolen car.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:26 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

well if you got it back as a whole car, you should feel pretty comfortable with it wasnt driven because the security features, and chalk it up to luck that they didnt have time to strip it yet.

But that is to say IF you had got it back in one piece, being a few days later at this point, its probably either parted out or on a boat.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Out of the several hundred cases I have been involved in with stolen vehicles, the victim is told the suspect's name everytime. It could be by phone or in person, but it's important for the case.

Can you imagine if you were the invesitgating officer and you get to court for your first hearing and you find out it's an ex girlfriend or a brother or friend of the victim? That would throw a serious wrench in your case. It's ridiculous that the people investigating told you that. Disctrict attorneies won't generally except a case unless the victim has been contacted and ask the follow questions:

Do you you know John Doe? Usually a picture is accompanied along with the question.

Did you ever give John Doe permission to use your car?

It seem stupid but it's a rather important piece of information for any autotheft case.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 STOLEN!!!!!!!