Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Mustang GT - Good Deal/Fair Price?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:17 PM
Savage Penguin

Default 2008 Mustang GT - Good Deal/Fair Price?

I've recently decided to follow up on my long time interest, and purchase a Mustang. With this being such a large investment - I really would like to get the exact model/options I want, which has lead me to the following vehicle... however I'm not sure that the price is fair. It is a 2008 Manual GT - 26,XXX miles - interior upgrade, red leather with useless but cool ambient light and yadda yadda, all the options I'm looking for. I'm located in Wisconsin, and from what I've seen the pricing seems competitive. Posting can be found here (links to Auto Trader site):

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...TAFSRCHUSDTEXT

Hope the link works. Currently the dealer will only go down to $18,334 and I know I'm going to end up paying high at a dealer, but due to financing I have to use that venue. Vehicle was first titled in late '09 - and the dealer is saying factory warranty expires 12/2012 or at 36K (with only being my seasonal car it won't see 36K first). Does the warranty justify paying more? I apologize as I'm sure the forum sees a ton of these buy/sell questions, but any input at all is appreciated, thank you!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

I just did a quick eval at KBB.com and this car came up with a retail value of $23,400 in excellent condition. So $18,344 seems like a darn good price to me. Be sure to check the Carfax to see if it's had any collision damage or unusual service activity. If you have any question, be sure to have someone with knowledge check the car over for you. If you know cars, then you're on your own!! LOL

If you get it or another like it, you're going to have a blast! Be sure to check some of the other areas of the Forum and you'll read a lot of interesting stuff that you can do to your car. Basically, not many people leave them bone stock. It's fun thinking about how you want your car to eventually look and run!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if this will help your decision or not, but about 6 months ago I bought an 07 CSGT with 6900mi for 17K, however I got no warranty but for me that was not an issue because I have been moding the car pretty heavily, I got what I wanted for what I thought was a fair price. The dealer told you that's as low as they'll go, that's BS, what did you expect him to say, offer 17750, that's a fair price.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Flat out
I don't know if this will help your decision or not, but about 6 months ago I bought an 07 CSGT with 6900mi for 17K, however I got no warranty but for me that was not an issue because I have been moding the car pretty heavily, I got what I wanted for what I thought was a fair price. The dealer told you that's as low as they'll go, that's BS, what did you expect him to say, offer 17750, that's a fair price.
Oops hit the wrong key, car is an 08, have to figure out how to post pics. because this project is coming right along.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:55 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

It's not really a screamin' hot deal, but you're not getting ripped-off either. A 2008 with roughly 25k miles on it is valued (for private sale) at anywhere between 17K and 23K depending on condition. If this one is in great shape, and with the premium interior/shaker500, you've got a decent deal here.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
It's not really a screamin' hot deal, but you're not getting ripped-off either. A 2008 with roughly 25k miles on it is valued (for private sale) at anywhere between 17K and 23K depending on condition. If this one is in great shape, and with the premium interior/shaker500, you've got a decent deal here.
23k? Thats a lot for a used car that is 3 years old and is past technology. You could buy a 2011 GT Delux for 30k and have more power and brand new car.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
drewsky
3rd Gear Member

fair price!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I say wait just a little bit longer, wait for the new 5.0 Coyotes to become more prolific on the streets, and anything 4.6L will be sold at a much more drastically reduced price.

For example, if you wait until 2011 when the 2012 5.0 GTs are being sold, there will enough '11 & even some '12 5.0 GTs that the 4.6L GTs will sell for much cheaper.

If you still want to buy from these sellers, use this logic as your leverage. And if they don't budge, go to another seller with another similar year 4.6L and use the same logic. Someone will give you a deal for a 4.6 somewhere.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Check the Carfax first... what is that 2008 GT doing with 2005 wheels?
Old 11-21-2010, 10:44 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
23k? Thats a lot for a used car that is 3 years old and is past technology.
Don't listen to onegoal, he is a tard.

Quick Reply: 2008 Mustang GT - Good Deal/Fair Price?