Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tpms question

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I tried that PVC pipe "fix" on my 2007 for a few months. It worked intermittently. I eventually got pissed off and drove over to a tire shop and just had them install the stupid the sensors. For my 2009 and now this 2010, I learned my lesson and just ponied up the extra money to have it done properly in the first place. The hassle of making that pipe, then dealing with it not even working 100% of the time ended up not being worth saving $250. I believe that fix may have worked better on the very early cars...
Old 11-26-2010, 12:26 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

My experience with the Sensors & bands. For 2 years I fought with the aftermarket bands and sensors put into my aftermarket wheel. I finally go so fed up of having to keep re-balancing the wheels I pulled them out all together.( they kept moving & throwing the wheel out of balance) I took the sensors away from the car Approx 100 ft and took the battery cables off the battery. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Put the cables back on let the computer reset and the the sensor light blinks about 6 times when you start it up but then goes out. Those sensors are a big PITA! It all comes back to common sense. If you feel like a tire is going low. Stop and check. Why do we have to continually keep changing things for dumb people! My rant for today!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:49 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by svastano
... If you feel like a tire is going low. Stop and check. Why do we have to continually keep changing things for dumb people! My rant for today!
Because the unreasonable fanatical hippies think that low tires are the cause of fuel consumption going out of control. It is not a matter of people being lazy, there are hippie fanatics in political office or who have alot of lobbying power that coerce fellow politicians to vote similarly and/or force regulatory bodies such as the USDOT to create such BS regulations for they platform of "saving the Earth."

There is nothing wrong with being environmentally conscious, and actually, there is nothing wrong with being a hippie either. It is the FANATICAL guys who screw everything up and give the rest of their group a negative face. For example, soccer fans are not bad people, they are good people for the most part. It is the fanatical soccer hooligans who screw it up for all of them.

The only thing I can say is stand up and vote and make sure you vote out those fanatical and unreasonable people who pass useless laws and coerce regulatory bodies to create useless regulations.

Sorry, I'm ranting also.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:50 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

My fix was to lay the old OEM rims with the sensors
out on the garage wall right next to where they should
be installed on the stang. When I start her up in the morning,
the sensors report OK air and off I go without a TPMS light.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:17 PM
otbiker
1st Gear Member

I have 10 wheels on an 07. No problems with the new style sensor vs the band sensor. Synced up with no issues...