Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Anyone Here Have a California Dream body kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

@younggun

don't sweat it dude, it comes with the territory around here for some reason. It's a real head-scratcher what some people decide to unleash the hate gods about. LOL
Old 11-29-2010, 09:29 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
So hold on, just because I like the look of that wing and think the California Dream kit will look nice, its gonna be a ricer? Thats a load of bull. If you call that rice, then you're calling the 2007 GeigerCars GT520 a ricer.

I'm seriously offended. Especially at the troll accusation.

It is NOT like I'm putting some massive over the top tallboy hood scoop or massive wheels. Its not like I'm putting decals and crap all over it. That spoiler comes unpainted and its going to be charcoal grey.
Young, don't take ANYTHING personally here man. I have that wing. probably about 95% of people here will HATE it and I accept that. But it's my car, it makes mine stand out from the rest with it. Some call it rice and I see why. But dude, seriously, it's YOUR car and YOUR money. Those are peoples PERSONAL opinions. If you like it GO FOR IT! I like the fact that it makes your stang stand out from every other with the same wing.

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
and for the record... your car looks fantastic.
Why thank you good sir!!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:30 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
So hold on, just because I like the look of that wing and think the California Dream kit will look nice, its gonna be a ricer? Thats a load of bull. If you call that rice, then you're calling the 2007 GeigerCars GT520 a ricer.

I'm seriously offended. Especially at the troll accusation.

It is NOT like I'm putting some massive over the top tallboy hood scoop or massive wheels. Its not like I'm putting decals and crap all over it. That spoiler comes unpainted and its going to be charcoal grey.
Try not to take it as bashing, after all, just like Fifthwind said, it's your car, and what you do with it is your business and if you like it, that is what counts. You bought the car, you own it, so even if we object, we have no power to stop you from doing what you want or like.

It's just that the 'Stang community is a conservative bunch mostly; not straying too much from factory looks is what a lot of us are mostly into. I am not sure why; I guess it is kind of our way to grant an homage to Ford and their body artists.

As far how much too custom becomes rice? I personally cannot say. I personally like Roush and Steeda front end fascias, but to most, that is not rice and remains within the conservative constraints. I also like the pedestal spoiler that you can get from Ford as an option. I presume that falls under the conservative constraints too because it is not too high above the rear deck. Although I do hear that most guys prefer the low down integrated spoilers; anything being more than the GT500 Gurney Flap being too much.

Regardless, don't let the rice term get too you, its just a reaction from us conservative 'Stang fans.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fifthwind
@younggun

don't sweat it dude, it comes with the territory around here for some reason. It's a real head-scratcher what some people decide to unleash the hate gods about. LOL
Yeah I know man...

I've just got a ton of stuff going on in real life right now and its putting a ton of stress on me.

Add to the fact that I currently have a total of 0 dollars to put into the car, and 4000 dollars worth of mods I plan on getting... I'm saving up for this and I'm doing all the work myself for this - and looking for used parts any time I can.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Edit multipost

Last edited by Young_Gun; 11-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

For the record, in red and white, that wing SCREAMS ricer.

But when its in a nice solid (preferably dark) color, it gives it a touch of old time speedway class
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

edit multipost

Last edited by Young_Gun; 11-29-2010 at 09:41 PM.
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Sure, the wing is a matter of taste... but Most people have only seen the racerboy widebody kit in the usual red-and-white. Look how great it can look in a more "classy" color:

Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Regardless, don't let the rice term get too you, its just a reaction from us conservative 'Stang fans.
I find the term derogatory and I'm surprised the mods allow it.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:40 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Try not to take it as bashing, after all, just like Fifthwind said, it's your car, and what you do with it is your business and if you like it, that is what counts. You bought the car, you own it, so even if we object, we have no power to stop you from doing what you want or like.

It's just that the 'Stang community is a conservative bunch mostly; not straying too much from factory looks is what a lot of us are mostly into. I am not sure why; I guess it is kind of our way to grant an homage to Ford and their body artists.

As far how much too custom becomes rice? I personally cannot say. I personally like Roush and Steeda front end fascias, but to most, that is not rice and remains within the conservative constraints. I also like the pedestal spoiler that you can get from Ford as an option. I presume that falls under the conservative constraints too because it is not too high above the rear deck. Although I do hear that most guys prefer the low down integrated spoilers; anything being more than the GT500 Gurney Flap being too much.

I think one of the biggest constraints is definitely that continuance of the factory type look. It's the minor differences in appearance that we appreciate but if you go too over the top, the stang community doesn't like it much.

For me, things that I consider rice include

Massive tall a$$ hood scoops that look ridiculous
Wings with more than a 1.5-2 inch gap off the rear deck
Overdone decal usage
Crazy blue HIDs

Also to watch out for are wheels that make your car look like a euro car rather than Mustang.

Those are just my pet peeves. The pedestal spoiler that I have on my 2011 is the biggest spoiler I'd tolerate.

Quick Reply: Does Anyone Here Have a California Dream body kit?