Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Supercharger, Gauges,Fuel Pump and tune. Anything else??

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger, Gauges,Fuel Pump and tune. Anything else??

Well I'm pulling the trigger on the Roush M90 and I know that its a complete kit but I wanted to make sure that this thing would be solid so I going to add the GT500 dual Fuel Pump kit as well. I'm also getting an Autometer Cobalt A/F and boost gauge plus a Tune from Bama because I have FRPP Cams.

My question is do I need anything else to ensure that my car solid with the Supercharger? Are there any other supporting mods that I should do?
I don't have headers yet and I probably should get them but will not having them restrict the supercharger a lot?

I apologies for all the question just looking for some advice and reassurance that everything will be OK before I order and after the install.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:19 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

So long as it's a complete kit with upgraded injectors, spark plugs, etc you should be good to go.

Headers will help, but I don't have them and am still putting down plenty of power with my supercharger.

How many lbs of boost will you be running?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

The GT500 fuel pump is overkill for an M90. Get a KB Boost a Pump instead. You really should do headers to get the full potential of those cams. Now that your supercharging you really should anyway. I've been very happy with Pypes headers and off road H pipe. Around 600 bucks shipped from Brenspeed. Great deal.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

wow... No GT500 pumps man. There not going to help you in any way shape or form. That kit can run on a stock pump. If it were me I would go with a BAP and run it at like 70% simply for stability reasons, but I'm still running a BAP and the pump stock pump at my power level. As Timbos said, for just a little more then the price difference you can get the headers and X pipe.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

No need to waste money on the fuel pump, stock is good with the M90!!! If you some more power, I believe the VMP upgrade with smaller pulley is the way to go. I'm running my M90 stock and is loving it!!! I did order a Moroso Oil Catch can....may want to look into that!!!

Last edited by Roy_R; 12-02-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:29 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
So long as it's a complete kit with upgraded injectors, spark plugs, etc you should be good to go.

Headers will help, but I don't have them and am still putting down plenty of power with my supercharger.

How many lbs of boost will you be running?
I'll be running the stock pulley which give 5-6 lb of bosst. The kit has everything except Spark Plugs. They send these if I get my PCM flashed by them. As I'm getting an aftermarket tune I wouldn't be sending them my PCM so I'm not sure if they will send me plugs.

Which Spark Plugs should I get if they don't send me any?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:39 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JDWalton
wow... No GT500 pumps man. There not going to help you in any way shape or form. That kit can run on a stock pump. If it were me I would go with a BAP and run it at like 70% simply for stability reasons, but I'm still running a BAP and the pump stock pump at my power level. As Timbos said, for just a little more then the price difference you can get the headers and X pipe.
I'll have a look at the BAP. I didn't know you could dial back the volatage on the BAP. I know the GT500 fuel pumps were overkill but thought that they were more reliable than a BAP.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:44 AM
gabb
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RideMyAssOff
No need to waste money on the fuel pump, stock is good with the M90!!! If you some more power, I believe the VMP upgrade with smaller pulley is the way to go. I'm running my M90 stock and is loving it!!! I did order a Moroso Oil Catch can....may want to look into that!!!
Not really looking for more power, I think the M90 will be enough just looking for reliability thats all.

Thanks for the tip, where did you order the catch can from?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:59 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

The 475HP Saleen VI SuperChargers and 500HP SuperShakers use only the factory Fuel Pump so the GT500 setup is definitely overkill for the M90.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Larry Warcup
3rd Gear Member

Would gabb's car 'need' an intercooler with this set-up?

Larry

Quick Reply: Supercharger, Gauges,Fuel Pump and tune. Anything else??