Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Mustang Boss 302, What is the Difference?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 10:37 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06mach1
...And most people have said that they have ordered it at MSRP.
I'm not doubting you that people have said this, but I do doubt the people who have said they are getting it with no mark-up.

I remember when the '11 GT came out and everyone asked what deals they got, all these guys started bragging how they got, $750 brochure coupon bonus, A Plan, D Plan, X Plan, etc.

The fallacy is Very few people even get a Brochure coupon mailed to them.
Not everyone is qualified to get any of the letter plans.
Some of these guys who do not even qualify for these discounts have connections with the dealerships, I.e. they are a good friend of the owner and the owner swung some letter plans to the buyer.

Also, I actually wonder if some of the claims of "I got $7000 off!" is actually factual when they in reality probably did not get a discount and paid full price.

Again, I am not calling you a liar, I just find it dubious that Bosses are already being sold at MSRP with no mark-up when it is supposed to be limited production, even more limited in numbers than the GT500.
This is the net after all. People lie all the time, They lie on the net just as much as people lie in sex surveys. (As a psychology major, I helped some of my professors conduct various surveys, and a sex survey was one that is utterly useless and unreliable for getting proper data because people downright lie on them all the time. Even independent standing polling/survey taking entities that are not affiliated with universities experience this trend.)
Old 12-05-2010, 10:51 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I'm not doubting you that people have said this, but I do doubt the people who have said they are getting it with no mark-up.

Again, I am not calling you a liar, I just find it dubious that Bosses are already being sold at MSRP with no mark-up when it is supposed to be limited production, even more limited in numbers than the GT500.
This is the net after all. People lie all the time, They lie on the net just as much as people lie in sex surveys. (As a psychology major, I helped some of my professors conduct various surveys, and a sex survey was one that is utterly useless and unreliable for getting proper data because people downright lie on them all the time. Even independent standing polling/survey taking entities that are not affiliated with universities experience this trend.)
You sure spend a lot of time making judgment calls on other people. Maybe you have nothing better to do. The people that have stated they are getting a car at MSRP have put deposits down on the car and have ordered them. You can believe what you want but when you make judgment calls on something you have no knowledge of it makes you look like a (fill in the blank). People that walk up to dealers and try and buy cars that the dealer ordered for their inventory will be a different deal.

Last edited by 5 Dot 0; 12-06-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:03 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I am not lumping you into a group of liars either. But you are only one guy who got your order at MSRP.
What I am trying to say is just because you got yours at MSRP does not mean that everyone else does or will.

Please don't take this the wrong way, and as I told 06mach1, I am not calling you a liar.
I just find that people make alot of claims on the net that are not true. I am not lumping you into this group.

Basically, what I am saying is it is too early, at least for me, to just take these claims at face value. The reason why I have doubts is because of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th paragraphs you deleted when you quoted me. The guys who bragged about letter plans, $750 coupons, and several other discount incentives made it sound like that EVERYONE gets these when in reality few qualify for these.
When I went to go buy my own '11 GT, I was sorely disappointed because I found out that you had to QUALIFY for all these incentives.
And for this, I have a RIGHT to be judgmental.

Though the Boss is not incentive driven at all, I am curious as to how to avoid the dealer mark-up so you pay only MSRP.
I am wondering if there are "qualifications" you have to meet to avoid dealer mark-ups on the Boss. I guess I will have to hit the dealerships in my area to find out.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 12-05-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I am not lumping you into a group of liars either. But you are only one guy who got your order at MSRP.
What I am trying to say is just because you got yours at MSRP does not mean that everyone else does or will.

Please don't take this the wrong way, and as I told 06mach1, I am not calling you a liar.
I just find that people make alot of claims on the net that are not true. I am not lumping you into this group.
Thanks for the free pass.

You sure spend a lot of time defending NOT calling people liars when nobody has accused you of doing so...
Old 12-05-2010, 01:58 PM
06mach1
1st Gear Member

I can get the X plan thru the MCA, but you can't use the plan on the Boss. True, i can only speak for myself, as I have ordered a Boss at MSRP. Would not have bought one had it been over that price. My dealer is small and won a Boss thru the lottery. Don't know him that well either. Did not speak to any other dealers out there, but a lot of the people on the net have said they are paying msrp. I quess I am a trusting person when it comes to Mustangs.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

How about a lot of $$$$$
Old 12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

they are going for 85k-100k
Old 12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
onegoal
Banned

Like the OP said I think a lot of it is just BS. Like when I read someone getting a new 2011 Premium for 30k ect ect. Not saying you can get good deals but when I look at the prices on auto trader and that all over the country says otherwise. Even with incentives you are VERY unlikely to get one 6k under MSRP.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Never2mucHP
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
they are going for 85k-100k
I can't see anyone in their right mind paying this for a Boss. I know they are going to be rare, but your in SuperSnake and nearly ZR1 range with those prices.

I love my stang and would love a Boss, but if I had that kind of coin the Boss would not even be on my list.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I think the $80K range is for the Laguna Seca sub-trim of the Boss trim. If I remember correctly, Ford is only going to make a total of 400 (four hundred) Laguna Seca sub-trims and no more. I think '12 will have only 200 Lagunas and '13 will have the renaming Lagunas, and after that, it will never ever be made again.

Now, this is what I remember reading, so don't hold this to me. Ford could very well break it's promise and up those numbers or they could simply eliminate the limit caps.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang Boss 302, What is the Difference?