Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:57 AM   #31
Stockstangs
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1991 GT convertible, 2011 Kona Blue GT

2011- 5.0 all the way!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Stockstangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #32
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT Convertible

I have not been in the new 2011, but from the outside like most everyone, I love everything but the rear. I dont hate it though, just much prefer the 2005 to 2009 better.
Cloth Top
Interior Upgrade Package
18 Inch Black Bullitts
Comfort Group
Factory Alarm
siggy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:48 AM   #33
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to tightdogal

I sat inside the 2010 GT Premium (which is the same thing as the 2011 Premium). Wow. Night and day difference compared to the 2005 models. Everything just looks and feels right. It felt like I was actually driving a higher end car (infiniti or lexus) compared to the older Mustangs. That was one of the things that sold me.

2012 Mustang GT Premium: Automatic, HID's, Reverse sensing and camera, remote start. Roush Axle-Back's

-2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed: 3.73's, Maganaflow's, short throw shifter, and a few more things...SOLD. I will miss this car...meh, sorta.
tightdogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:22 PM   #34
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinda View Post
I have test driven a 2011 bunches of times. I am about 6 months out from ordering my new one. I had a 2010 GT Premium that I have gotten rid of for family reasons. I much prefer the styling inside and outside of the '10 - '11 compared to the '05 - '09. I'm about to turn 45 and have been a Mustang fan since I can remember. My first one was an '84 GT w/T-tops. I have owned since the '84 GT a '90 LX 5.0, '93 GT, '94 GT, '96 GT, '98 GT Vert, '05 GT and a '10 GT. By far...my '84 GT and my '10 GT are my favorites.

I can't wait to get my new 5.0....... For me the combination of the looks of the new body AND the new 5.0 will put this at the top of MY list for best Mustang I have ever owned...
wilkinda, glad to hear you are getting back in a Mustang.
JimmyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 07:04 PM   #35
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, Ford, Mustang 4.0L v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomee View Post
epci fail mustang or any other car that does it
You sir are an EPIC FAIL

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/
X3xMONGOOSEx3X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #36
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Ford Mustang

I keep reading about some 10, 11 owners saying I didn't like the look of the back at first, but when I bought it, "the back grew on me", or "I warmed up to the look of the back"...Well guess what, if you wanted a NEW Mustang after 2009, you didn't have a choice but to "warm up to it", did you?... I mean what are you guys supposed to say on here," I just spent 30 k on a car that the back is ugly"
RichieCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #37
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2011 Shelby GT500
Send a message via AIM to wilkinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieCal View Post
I keep reading about some 10, 11 owners saying I didn't like the look of the back at first, but when I bought it, "the back grew on me", or "I warmed up to the look of the back"...Well guess what, if you wanted a NEW Mustang after 2009, you didn't have a choice but to "warm up to it", did you?... I mean what are you guys supposed to say on here," I just spent 30 k on a car that the back is ugly"
That's what I did when I bought my 2005. Liked everything but the rear..but I bought it anyway. And no, i never said the rear of the 2005 grew on me. Didn't like it all the way up until I traded it for the 2010.

Current:
* 2013 Shelby GT500 in custom 1 of 1 color | SVTPP Pkg | Glass Roof | Red-line Hood Struts | BBR Shorty Antenna | Expel Ultimate Clear Bra
* 2012 Ford Explorer Limited - Tuxedo black
wilkinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #38
RichieCal
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 06 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinda View Post
That's what I did when I bought my 2005. Liked everything but the rear..but I bought it anyway. And no, i never said the rear of the 2005 grew on me. Didn't like it all the way up until I traded it for the 2010.
Your the first person that I have heard say they didn't like the back of the 05-09...So I'm guessing you like the back of the 10,11?? I said guessing because you bought a car once before with not liking the back, thought maybe you did it again.
RichieCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #39
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Vehicle: 2011 Shelby GT500
Send a message via AIM to wilkinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieCal View Post
Your the first person that I have heard say they didn't like the back of the 05-09...So I'm guessing you like the back of the 10,11?? I said guessing because you bought a car once before with not liking the back, thought maybe you did it again.
Honestly....it was my least favorite part of the 2010 as well. but I made enough mods to make it likeable...

Current:
* 2013 Shelby GT500 in custom 1 of 1 color | SVTPP Pkg | Glass Roof | Red-line Hood Struts | BBR Shorty Antenna | Expel Ultimate Clear Bra
* 2012 Ford Explorer Limited - Tuxedo black
wilkinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #40
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 GT 5.0 Coyote
None, Facebook is the Devil! None, Twitter is for Twits! None, I hate it when my boss snoops the net about me

I personally don't like the looks of the flat broad back end of the 05-09 S197. To me, it's kinda akin to looking at an elephant's ***.

The '10+ rear end is more refined to me, more elegant. It could still be improved (at least to my own liking). I just wish the lights did not have so much damn sheet metal to the left and right side.

Squirrel of Death!
Do not **** off the SoD!!!!
JIM5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:01 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 50, 80s, 90s, autozone, fake, ford, history, hood, hoodscoop, mustang, mustangs, racing, ranks, review, scoop, supercharger