Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer issues with warranty with Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by charliebrown266
Plus i work on all makes and models off cars and trucks! So if you think anybody and there mother can do it go ahead!
Their mother can do it, but she gets around, so it shouldn´t be shocking.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by charliebrown266
Sorry to hijack this thread! Yes i'm a mechanic and i was insulted! I don't know what it takes to be a mechanic in the US but in ontario it is 10,000 hours,six months of school,3 hour exam to get your ticket! and you must have 75% to pass! plus i take course's all the time to keep up with the latest cars! Plus i work on all makes and models off cars and trucks! So if you think anybody and there mother can do it go ahead!

You got insulted because he talked about mechanics that are not doing
their jobs correctly? That these mechanics are not good?

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

There are people in every profession that are not good and that
do not do their jobs. That does not mean he was saying YOU
were not a good mechanic.
Getting mad at what he said is about as childish at it gets buddy.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:27 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

i see why he thought it was a gt since his username is reapergt
and yea those sag way more than mine mines a 2008 and i weigh more than u and have put 30+ on the odometer so i would say something is wrong
Old 12-08-2010, 09:32 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

2 months ago I brought my truck into the dealer due to leather seat issues. Was told by the dealer that it was a warrenty issue. They would order new seatcovers. Well drop it off for a day. At the end of the day I find out they put the wrong seatcovers on. Didn't even match the other seats. I'm not bashing mechanics but you would think the one who spent all that time removing and installing the seatcovers would have realized that they didn't even match the existing rear seats or the ones he just removed. I was told that ford did not make their own seatcovers,and those were the seat covers that came up for the truck. The seatcovers I have in the truck are not even listed for that year. They did finally replace with correct ones. If you say that your seats are worse then what you had I would in no way ever accept that.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:03 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Reaper,
I had no clue the seat inserts for the v6 leather were different then the
GT.

Those seats in the pic just don't look like Mustang inserts by any means
to me. Weird....

If you have not heard anything from the dealership you need
to go face to face with them.
That way you can at least find out if they are going to help you or not.
Get that out of the way.

After that... if they do NOT help you, then you can save your money
towards some Katzkins.
That is what I had to end up doing.
In the long run you will be glad you did too.

Plus if they don't help you and replace them under warranty,
what other choice do you have?
You made some very good points blacksmoke. I am not at all impressed with this dealers work or professionalism. I have called them to check on parts and/or the status of my car way more then they have called me. Their main job is customer service and I just feel like they are making me work more than they actually are.

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
i see why he thought it was a gt since his username is reapergt
and yea those sag way more than mine mines a 2008 and i weigh more than u and have put 30+ on the odometer so i would say something is wrong
I can see this being a possibility, I have the gt in my username because my previous car was a gt model and it just kinda stuck with me through the years. But I agreee that there is no way a car as new as ours should show this much wear. I have personally never seen seats do this before.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

yea i agree thats pretty hardcore wear. how many miles do u have on urs
Old 12-08-2010, 11:32 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
You got insulted because he talked about mechanics that are not doing
their jobs correctly? That these mechanics are not good?

That makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE.

There are people in every profession that are not good and that
do not do their jobs. That does not mean he was saying YOU
were not a good mechanic.
Getting mad at what he said is about as childish at it gets buddy.
Thanks for the backup blacksmoke. I was just stating that the "monkeys", as stated before, that ford seems to be picking up are not doing anything good for the dealerships. I never once stated all mechanics suck, cause that would insult my own father who has worked on cars since he was a kid.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

ReaperGT -- I just read and realized that you had a v6, so yes they are the correct seats I just got confused cause of the GT in your name and thought it was a gt. I honestly would take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it right there or take it to a reputable dealer. Dealers get paid for warranty work so I have no clue as to why they wouldnt want found money. Guess there selling to many 5.0s they cant concentrate on past customers
Old 12-09-2010, 12:24 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
ReaperGT -- I just read and realized that you had a v6, so yes they are the correct seats I just got confused cause of the GT in your name and thought it was a gt. I honestly would take it back to the dealer and demand they fix it right there or take it to a reputable dealer. Dealers get paid for warranty work so I have no clue as to why they wouldnt want found money. Guess there selling to many 5.0s they cant concentrate on past customers
I totally agree, I was not at all patient with my dealer because a small install like this one should not have taken all the time that it has.

Basically my day went like this, after leaving my car with the dealer last night because they messed the seats up so bad yesterday. I was assured that my car would be the first thing attended to in the morning and they would call me right away to let me know the status of the car and I would be able to pick it up in the morning or afternoon.

Time passes, the service bay opens at 7am, I call them at noon. I speak directly to the service department and they just tell me that the car is not ready so I ask to speak with the service rep that I have been dealing with so far. He feeds me this line of bs that they "are still working on my car" and that "it would take a bit of time today because they needed to take off the seats and reapply them and they would have to stretch them so there was no creases" I asked simply how long he thinks he would take till I have my car back. He could not give me any indication of when he thought it would be done and he made it sound like it was as hard as doing an engine swap. Frustrated but still being polite I tell him okay and call me with any progress on the car and that I had to be at work later in the day and I would need my car so please keep me updated.

3pm, I call again. The seats should have definitely been done by now. I am told by the same guy that the drivers seat is done but the passenger seat is still being worked on and it would be around an hour or so before it was completely done. I stop by a few stores to run a couple errands while waiting and then I go to the dealer and decide to just wait for my car. The service rep clearly avoids me as he goes to a coworkers office and sits by the window just looking out at me through the glass. I walk over to the bay itself to see if my car is still over there and its not, its not even in the parking lot. I honestly dont know where it was for those ten minutes but the rep comes over and grabs me from the garage and as I step out to the sevice pickup my car is there. Pictures dont really do it justice but this is what they called factory spec, I honestly dont see how this can be acceptable for them.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:28 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

yea thats not even as bad as my seats look now. that is way way too wrinkled to be allowed. ur dealership is **** and u should go to another one lol

Quick Reply: Dealer issues with warranty with Pics