Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow tires...Worth Every Cent!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:21 AM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Default Snow tires...Worth Every Cent!

So I have to drive my car straight through the winter. I decided to face the music and bought snow tires. I ended up going with Blizzak 235/55 18. WOW makes all the difference! I used to have a two wheel drive Ford Ranger with BF Goodrich all-terrains and my V8 Mustang is hands down better in the snow! The traction control is also a big part but, I have had this thing in some bad weather and have not had a problem!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:31 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

I was about to pull the trigger on some blizzaks but when I figured I was going to pick up an old jeep soon enough as it is that $1k could go a lot further on that. With my stock pirellis I was having no problem in the snow, it was the ice we just recently got and snow tires wouldn't help with that anyway.

If it ever gets really bad I can always grab a vehicle from work.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangRider89
So I have to drive my car straight through the winter. I decided to face the music and bought snow tires. I ended up going with Blizzak 235/55 18. WOW makes all the difference! I used to have a two wheel drive Ford Ranger with BF Goodrich all-terrains and my V8 Mustang is hands down better in the snow! The traction control is also a big part but, I have had this thing in some bad weather and have not had a problem!..
You may have to turn at some point, though...

Yes, winter tires make a big difference on ANY vehicle. But I lived in Chicago winters plus many, many years in PA and you haven't received a REAL snowfall yet this year. What will hurt you is ground clearance. You'll be ok as long as the roads have been plowed but if you get more than 5 or 6 inches of anything other than powder (unplowed), you're in deep doodoo. Mark my words.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:37 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Ya the most I've had to plow through was about a 6 foot stretch, any more than that and I was going to be in big trouble
Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
You may have to turn at some point, though...

Yes, winter tires make a big difference on ANY vehicle. But I lived in Chicago winters plus many, many years in PA and you haven't received a REAL snowfall yet this year. What will hurt you is ground clearance. You'll be ok as long as the roads have been plowed but if you get more than 5 or 6 inches of anything other than powder (unplowed), you're in deep doodoo. Mark my words.
Stop with the age old experience ya old coot! *I keed, I keed*

Listen to this guy...he's been there, done that more than once, and he was caught doing it in a few states.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:39 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

"Snow tiers"

An education, worth every cent...
Old 12-17-2010, 10:46 AM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

I hear both of you. I was just letting everyone know the success I have been having! I graduate in May with a Salary Job lined up! So this is the only winter this vehicle will be going through! I definitely am going to try to avoid anything deep! I took her around the streets the morning those pictures were taken before the plow came and she did good!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:50 AM
StangRider89
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
"Snow tiers"

An education, worth every cent...
Damn! I am graduating from Illinois State University in May with a 3.32 Cumulative GPA. haha Really putting it to good use!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Snow tires? We don't need no stinkin snow tires!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:57 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

live in iowa, nothing to terrible here yet. I also dont use the stang in snow. I have an 09 versa with snow tires on it, but it surprised me on well that little car did.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snow tires...Worth Every Cent!