Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random topic: is the 2010+ bodystyle popular with the "babyboomers"?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
wow theres a lot of old people on here...

Retro cars are well and good, but I didn't really care since I wasn't alive when the first one was out. I like the evolution to the 2010+ from the 05-09. The same way I am excited to see what evolution might come from the camaro and challenger. Also, I am 24.
With age comes wisdom along with the ability to write a check for a non-daily driver like my ragtop and paying cash for things like superchargers, wheels, etc

My kids are your age, but as TampaGT stated... you are only as old as you feel and I am physically in better shape than many "youngsters" as well.

Last edited by Doogie65; 12-19-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM
JimR1

Smile Older than Dirt

Well guys I'm almost 66 going on 26 because of the 2011 GT. I have owned many cars in my life and my Mustang is by far the best thing I have ever driven. Super fast and a ball to tweek and make my own. I LOVE IT!!!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by ShaneM
OMG WTF!! I HATE ALL 10 REAR HATERS! lol, jk

When i had my 05 at first i didn't like the 10 rear, you have to see it in person. i like it better than the 09 down rear now. show me a guy who doesn't think this looks good, and I'll show you a guy I wish testicular elephantitis on:

Although I still got to get used to the new *** on these 2010 and up, I see nothing wrong at all with that picture.^^^^^
Old 12-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
with the ability to write a check for a non-daily driver like my ragtop and paying cash for things like superchargers, wheels, etc
Yeah, it really is a nice feeling when you can do that. . .

Norm
Old 12-19-2010, 11:55 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
Yeah, it really is a nice feeling when you can do that. . .

Norm
Double Ditto...BTW Norm, as a kid when we drove by the Cherry Hill water tower, I would bust out with, "I found my thrill, on Cherry Hill." (Old Chuck Berry hit)
Old 12-19-2010, 12:14 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
OMG WTF!! I HATE ALL 10 REAR HATERS! lol, jk

When i had my 05 at first i didn't like the 10 rear, you have to see it in person. i like it better than the 09 down rear now. show me a guy who doesn't think this looks good, and I'll show you a guy I wish testicular elephantitis on:

okay, that is one of the most beautiful stang's I have ever seen...
Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wayne613
And not sure why you think the 05-09 is simply more limited as a preference to the middle-aged+ crowd, not counting that the baby-boomers generation are quite a bit past middle-age now.
Define "are quite a bit past middle-age"? I keep forgetting that I'm in my early 50's not early 30's.

I really liked the 2005 when it came out. Ford did a great job of updating the look while still paying homage to the original Mustang. With that said I think the latest style is a nice move forward and IMO looks better. Not to mention it's a superior car in every measurable category, just as any new model should be. If it wasn't that would be a problem. I've never been into nostalgia and don't spend a lot of time listening to music and reminiscing from/about my high school days. I much prefer to keep moving forward in life including my cars. The 2010+ Mustangs look terrific and can hold their own with any car in their price range built from any corner of the planet. That's what I find appealing about the car.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:10 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I'm also 24 too. And I guess I never really payed attention to Mustangs Til the 99-04 came out. They just looked badass to me. But still had enough classic lines to represent the 60s models. When the 05s came out, I wasn't a big fan. I still arent that much of a fan of them. But the 2010s really got me interested in the car again. They looked more "badass" again than just plain like the 05s seemed to me.

So idk, I guess I'm more of a fan of aggressive stylin than I am of retro. But I think the 2010 model really made a great modern mustang, with a few retro cues.

But again, I'm just a mustang fan of any year. Any car to stay in production for almost 50 years and still are well popular just says something... Whether it be a classic stang, fox, sn95, new edge, s197 or 2010+.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:33 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Skullbussa
Agreed.

Then again, I personally think the USA did not produce a single car worth buying from 1980 to 2000. Maybe a '88 5.0 LX?
To be honest I kind of like the IROC camaros. But that would only be if I had to buy one from that time period.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Same here with respect to GM's F-body cars. For some reason, only the 3rd gen cars ever struck much of a chord with me as well. And that's after having one friend who owned a 1967-ish Camaro, a time-speed-distance sports car rallye teammate who drove a big-block 2nd gen (1971?) Camaro, and having driven a 4th gen Firebird at autocross.

Norm

Quick Reply: Random topic: is the 2010+ bodystyle popular with the "babyboomers"?