Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Detroit Rockers - tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 01:00 PM
riskyfool
1st Gear Member

Default Getting Detroit Rockers - tune

I'm getting the Brenspeed Detroit Rockers cams. Since I already have American Muscle tunes, I asked them if they can tune for these cams. They said they can so I went ahead and ordered my tunes - free tunes for life. Do you think they can tune as well for these as Brenspeed can? Could Brenspeed get better results since it's their design?
Old 12-21-2010, 03:59 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

good question

the only way to really find out is if u could get a tune from brenspeed and AM and then compare. Since u bought the product from brenspeed they will send a free tune i believe.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:42 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Bama is just as capable, or so I have heard.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:55 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I'm sure the Bama tune will be good but I'd say Brenspeed would be able to a better tune. Their cam, their specs, they've also had the longest to develop/perfect their own tune.....Plus the tune's free so why not try Brenspeed.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:57 PM
riskyfool
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. I didn't realize Brenspeed's tune was free. I thought I'd have to pay extra for it. Will definitely be interesting to compare the 2.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by riskyfool
Thanks guys. I didn't realize Brenspeed's tune was free. I thought I'd have to pay extra for it. Will definitely be interesting to compare the 2.
I was just about to say that. I don't see anyone else being as good as brenspeed, plus its free. Compare them and let us know how they are.

Have you already ordered your DR's? Mine are still on back order from Thanks Giving.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:35 PM
riskyfool
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
I was just about to say that. I don't see anyone else being as good as brenspeed, plus its free. Compare them and let us know how they are.

Have you already ordered your DR's? Mine are still on back order from Thanks Giving.
Oh...not psyched to hear that! No I haven't ordered yet. Family is all pitching in for enough gift certificates for me to order after Christmas. I guess I better reign in my excitement and hopes of getting them quickly. I have ordered the Bama tunes though. Should have them in a few days. Once cams are in I will report back on the tune comparison.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Just like that, my DR's arrived today.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Benspeed tune is very good, so is my JDM tune. I actually like the jdm idle better.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:05 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

The Detroit Rockers are the exact same as (and even made by) Comp Cams. They are not special, except for the fact that they are Brenspeed-branded. AM will be able to make a perfect tune, no problem.

Quick Reply: Getting Detroit Rockers - tune