Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drifting

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 08:15 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 39mto39g
Drifting isn't hard, I used to do it when I lived up north in the snow or in the summer on gravel roads, it's just a matter of keeping the car on the balance of recovery or spinning out, not hard at all. All the drifters do now is put in some tire smoke. I wouldn't want all that rubber glued to the wheel wells. As far as speed goes, drifting fast or slow it's still just a balancing act. There's a commercial out now that shows a Challenger drifting at about 1 mph, and it is a balancing act even at that speed.
A lot of people seem to like watching drifting just as people like to watch someone do a burn out until his tires pop, I don't get either one. But, that's just me. Anyone want to send me the price of a pair of 275-35-18 555s I would be happy to film the removal of some rubber. I would even hook up a white smoke bomb in the back just for effect.
Bet you all can't do this... easy... yep. Looks simple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8
Old 12-24-2010, 08:27 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Seatbelt or not, why did this clown of a dumbass open his door?

Originally Posted by MrSandman
Just remember to wear your seatbelt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVPxT0fR9jE
Old 12-24-2010, 08:31 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Speaking of skill to drift, I would like to see this guy drift his ride (or at the very least, pop a wheelie!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD2tY...eature=related
Old 12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 39mto39g
Drifting isn't hard, I used to do it when I lived up north in the snow or in the summer on gravel roads, it's just a matter of keeping the car on the balance of recovery or spinning out, not hard at all. All the drifters do now is put in some tire smoke. I wouldn't want all that rubber glued to the wheel wells. As far as speed goes, drifting fast or slow it's still just a balancing act. There's a commercial out now that shows a Challenger drifting at about 1 mph, and it is a balancing act even at that speed.
A lot of people seem to like watching drifting just as people like to watch someone do a burn out until his tires pop, I don't get either one. But, that's just me. Anyone want to send me the price of a pair of 275-35-18 555s I would be happy to film the removal of some rubber. I would even hook up a white smoke bomb in the back just for effect.
anyone in any powered car can drift on loose surfaces, doing it on tarmac is completely different.

you obviously don't get the sport, just stop talking. Otherwise I'm going to continue to grill you on what is the point of football.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

LB
If your spinning the back tires isn't that a loose surface?
If you don't want to talk about it don't click "Reply"
Football is a sport, drifting only takes people like in the video. How hard can it be to drift and fall? Pro wrestling is not hard either. Just fallow the script.

Grill
Old 12-24-2010, 10:41 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Yep, no skill there. I could do that in my Honda Odyssey one handed while sipping a Coke.

Awesome video, thanks for sharing.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8
When I started reading this thread I was hoping this video was going to come up. If not I was going to post it. Figure it's probably worth posting this one as well then though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0s_s8bylne0
Old 12-24-2010, 01:54 PM
lazyboy31614@aol.com
2nd Gear Member

Go to a drift day at a track near you and try to explain the point of drag racing or whatever type of racing you bought your mustang for and i'm sure that the drifter will react in a similar manor as you, "What's the point of going straight?" There's all different types of racing, to each there own man, there doesn't have to be a reason that makes sense to you so long as it makes sense to the person doing it.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Recon111
2nd Gear Member

Personally I like the part in the video (2.20) were he runs into the wall with the right rear of his car and then repairs the right rear while still driving around the area, (no damage at the end)
I have done all those things, except run into the wall, with my 2001, even the emergency break scene. Wasn't very hard, just a balance thing. I have to admit it was kind of fun, but only because of the expression on the guys face that was with me.

Lay Zee
I never said anyone couldn't do it, Go right ahead, burn your tires up, I could care less. I just don't get it, Every one else in the world could get it and like it, I don't. I wouldn't waste my time or money to go to a drift event, nor would I go to a Honda rally or a water melon seed spitting contest, but that's just me.

Last edited by Recon111; 12-24-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:19 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

youv'e done all that...sure lol

Quick Reply: Drifting