Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCI Ratcher shifter INSTALLED (W/custom ball)

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:16 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Default TCI Ratcher shifter INSTALLED (W/custom ball)

Got this installed today, very easy install and it works perfectly. Thanks to the guys at AM for fast delivery. I didn't get to test it out on the road because i got a second flat in less than a month -__-. Any questions about the install, feel free to ask!

*Just noticed i spelled "Ratchet" wrong. Oopies Dosies!

Last edited by ikemikestang; 12-26-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 PM
Decepticon
1st Gear Member

Nice!
I picked up one of those couple weeks ago and it is still sitting on the counter after two failed attempts to get my Saleen jacked up to make the switch.
I first bought a set of ramps from Walmart and those didnt work.I went today and bought a low profile jack from walmart and still wont work.
I just found a jack that might work for my car at Harbor Freight today online.Gona go pick it up tomorrow and try it out.I cant wait to get this installed on my car.The install is easy but I just cant get my car high enough off the ground yet.
Also what jack points did you use?

Last edited by Decepticon; 12-26-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:05 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Decepticon
Nice!
I picked up one of those couple weeks ago and it is still sitting on the counter after two failed attempts to get my Saleen jacked up to make the switch.
I first bought a set of ramps from Walmart and those didnt work.I went today and bought a low profile jack from walmart and still wont work.
I just found a jack that might work for my car at Harbor Freight today online.Gona go pick it up tomorrow and try it out.I cant wait to get this installed on my car.The install is easy but I just cant get my car high enough off the ground yet.
I used a hydraulic jack on the normal jack point on the subframe, then found a sturdy spot to put a jack stand on each left and right under carriage. Of course i had to lay on my back but it wasn't difficult at all. The second clip is nearly impossible to see and thats the Beoch to get at.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:04 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Yep, that second clip is a mf'er. I went ahead and ordered a replacement before the install. I got frustrated with it and just snapped it off
So far, so good with mine. I will admit I don't use it much, but it gives the interior some needed pop and that stock shifter was fugly. Enjoy the upgrade!

Old 12-26-2010, 11:22 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mayo
Yep, that second clip is a mf'er. I went ahead and ordered a replacement before the install. I got frustrated with it and just snapped it off
So far, so good with mine. I will admit I don't use it much, but it gives the interior some needed pop and that stock shifter was fugly. Enjoy the upgrade!

I probably wont either as time goes on but defiantly an upgrade to a shifter that felt and handled like a plastic toy.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Very unique, you got that from kool ***** or whatever the guys name is?
Old 12-27-2010, 08:34 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Do the standard shift ***** for manuals fit on those?? If so, I want a skull with red diamond eyes rofl.. no, seriously, that would be cool lulz
Old 12-27-2010, 09:51 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I have one and I love it, I just need to find a hurst style t-handle **** that I like. The TCI one is cool, but a leather/aluminum one would be awesome.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Cool man, congrats!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Decepticon
Nice!

Drive up on some phone books then jack your car up. Go to sears. I got my jack and jackstands for a good price there and they work.

Quick Reply: TCI Ratcher shifter INSTALLED (W/custom ball)