Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What appeals most to you about the 2012 Mustang Boss 302?

Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Default What appeals most to you about the 2012 Mustang Boss 302?

I personally find this upcoming "Pony" to be an amazing deal but I'd like to hear your input. Anything that really makes you feel it's worth the MSRP of $40,995?

here's a link to the official ford site:
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/2012mustangboss/

here's a link to the official spec sheet:
http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/g...eCompanion.pdf
Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

For me? I really like the feature that you can switch between tunes just by inserting a different key. No 20-30min waits to upload a different tune by way of a hand-held tuner, just put in the Red TraKey and turn it on!

Of course, all the other upgrades already put this car above a very nicely loaded GT Premium, so the $40K does seem reasonable, even despite the limited production run.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That's what I love too! I think it's a great value when you put together everything it offers from the stock p-zero's to the unique intake manifold as well as many other options. I just wish I could afford it! Oh well, I guess i'll just hold out for the 2014 GT.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
That's what I love too! I think it's a great value when you put together everything it offers from the stock p-zero's to the unique intake manifold as well as many other options. I just wish I could afford it! Oh well, I guess i'll just hold out for the 2014 GT.
P-zero types are really not all that good IMO, pirellis are vastly overrated.

But to respond to the main post here, what I love most about the boss is the fact that it carries around some nice forged internals on the engine which make it great for some intense FI. Plus the styling has absolutely grown on me
Old 01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
majik755
2nd Gear Member

The power and changeable tunes float my boat, but I still think they missed the mark on some of the styling choices
Old 01-07-2011, 09:45 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

For me it's going to be the overall driving experience. I'm expecting the car to be a bit raw but closer to the root of high performance driving. If I need plush I'll buy a Lexus. I also find the connection to the legendary 1969/1970 Boss cars appealing. I always thought they were Bad A$$ and I think the new car will deliver on continuing the legend. For the price I expect this car to be a lot of fun to own and drive.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:50 AM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Love the Boss......interior/powertrain/suspension.....my only problem would be is it fast enough? Would it make sense to buy a Boss....then start pulling it apart? The side exhaust is cool but, would you be happier with a full length header exhaust?......awesome inatake manifold.......would it be cool to replace with a supercharger or just go with a tune? The cams sound like they won't need to be touched......then there is the suspension.....car sits high(photos).............does it make sense to lower it? The motor internals are beefier....good platform to start with........ This would be my dilemma.....we are ALL the type to modify our cars......is it better for guys like us that modify are cars to buy a GT or buy the Boss? I don't have a problem with buying a Boss and modifying it.......does it make sense?

Last edited by daredevil95; 01-07-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

while I couldn't possibly use as many ellipsis as the poster above me...

The car just screams fun, I mean it literally screams with those side exhausts. I have ridden in a test mule and there is just no comparison between it and the regular 5.0. There is just something more raw about how it pulls, its basically a cheaper gt500.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:09 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I like the higher redline + stronger internals. Hearing that V8 sing at over 7k will be sweet.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:38 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
while I couldn't possibly use as many ellipsis as the poster above me...

LOL

Unlike apparently almost every other Mustang enthusiast, I actually like the black and red. That draws me to it. ... That and the 7500RPM redline. ... And the rear seat delete and cross brace. ... And the Recaros.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What appeals most to you about the 2012 Mustang Boss 302?