Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

I can see how people end up breaking that button. With one hand you need to grab the seat up at the headrest and push the front seat rearward a bit to take the spring load off the mechanism, then with the other hand lift up the button. It makes it much easier to lift the lever up, at least for me.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2006 GT Convertible - 29k mi - B326 Stroker - FRPP Hot Rod Cams - Brenspeed Tune - FRPP 4.10s -Pypes Headers/Off Road H - Borla Stinger Axlebacks - Hurst Billet Comp Shifter - Shaftmasters Alum Driveshaft - Roush Rear Springs - Me? I'm a ASE Master Truck and Auto Tech *Daily beater- 94' Toyota Xtra cab 2wd Orig owner. 250k mi*
timmbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM   #12
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
a1kemist

When I bought my car, it didn't come with seat release levers.. I just ended up buying chrome seat release levers from AM. Works fine.

Silver Mustang Registry #1185
Roush Front Fascias, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush Rear Wing, Roush Louvers, Roush Strut Tower Brace, Nine Bar Grille, 15% Llumar Tint, SLP Loudmouths, Nitto 555 285/40/18R & 255/45/18F on Black 18" FR500's, FRPP 4.10, BBK CAI, 93 Brenspeed Tune, 5spd Automatic

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"
alkemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Kona Blue GT Premium

I usually use the 2 handed approach mentioned by Timmbo... However the one time I use the latch to move the seat back forward on the passenger seat while sitting in the driver's seat, I broke mine... Crap... So I bought these from UPR. Couldn't be happier and they are anodized black, so they match pretty good... I am so surprised (no not really, thank you bean counters) that Ford would use cheap plastic handles for this.

Anyways, good luck. Also, in the mean time, use the lever on the side of the seat cushion like previously stated.

Don

BigDinTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinTexas View Post
I usually use the 2 handed approach mentioned by Timmbo... However the one time I use the latch to move the seat back forward on the passenger seat while sitting in the driver's seat, I broke mine... Crap... So I bought these from UPR. Couldn't be happier and they are anodized black, so they match pretty good... I am so surprised (no not really, thank you bean counters) that Ford would use cheap plastic handles for this.

Anyways, good luck. Also, in the mean time, use the lever on the side of the seat cushion like previously stated.

Don
That just seems expensive for two levers.
So far mine have held up.....could be because only my son has ridden in the back and I will not let him mess with the levers. I do it myself as described by Timmbo.
Now if mine were to break, I think I would search the junk yards first.

Blue Mustang Registry #363
07 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbo View Post
I can see how people end up breaking that button. With one hand you need to grab the seat up at the headrest and push the front seat rearward a bit to take the spring load off the mechanism, then with the other hand lift up the button. It makes it much easier to lift the lever up, at least for me.
No issues with my handles either (knock on plastic). I use the method above for mine and my kids all know it. So far so good. (08 GT)
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 PM   #16
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 GT Premium Coupe

These little seat latches never did work right. We had the same damn things on our 88 Lincoln Mark VII LSC and they were trash then. Same deal with my buddy's 94 Cobra.
CincyGT2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #17
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default Price gouge?

The lever on the drivers seat back on my '06 GT 'vert gave up the ghost & snapped off. I knew this was a common problem so I expected it. What I didn't expect was the cost for a new one. The list price on this piece of plastic crap is almost $48. The parts guy in my local dealer felt so bad about it he gave it to me for $32. Way to go Ford!
18" "Fanblade Wheels"
CORSA Performance exhaust
Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
MGW Shifter
Goldenpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #18
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

There's a latch on the back of the seat? I've never used it since I don't have any kids and don't know any midgets. No full size person can ride in the back of a s197.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #19
Art161
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang View Post
There's a latch on the back of the seat? I've never used it since I don't have any kids and don't know any midgets. No full size person can ride in the back of a s197.
Lucky for them.
Rear Spoiler Delete
Interior Sport Appearance Package
MGW EJECT Power Point Plug

The more you know, the less you don't know.
Art161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 1967, 2006, 2007, 50, back, broke, broken, ford, front, gt, latch, mustang, rear, release, seat