Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Parts Vender Review - Cruizin Concepts

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 09:03 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

::sigh:: F T L
Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boozshey
Several replies from John in this thread, nothing from Mike. I sent a PM on the 12th like asked... How long should I wait?
I think your points been made................. Thats awesome btw lol
Old 01-17-2011, 02:07 AM
CruizinConceptsJohn
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by black2010

- I called and ordered 20" FR500's. I asked the rep if they were in stock and how long it would take to get them. He said they were about to get a shippment and I should see them in a week or two.
Those wheels were discontinued about a year ago. Just like every other vendor, we are at the mercy of the manufacturers. We tell our customers what the manufacturers tell us. Unfortunately they are rarely accurate. One reason we allow orders to be placed on out of stock items is so you get a spot in line when the product is back in stock. Logistically, this is a nightmare. This is also the reason other retailers do NOT allow pre-orders. If it is out of stock you are out of luck. As far as a "dent" in the wheel, its highly unlikely it left our facility in that condition. Possibly shipping damage or installation damage could have caused that. Foose wheels are notoriously hard to get a hold of in good condition. The fact is we reject over half of what they send to us. It doesn't pass our QC to send to a customer. Due to the high rejection rate in them we have problems of stock. If our inventory shows wheels in stock, we will tell you they are in stock. But if one of the wheels is defective or damaged we have to wait for our next shipment. Another thing to consider is the wheels aren't as easy to mount as stock wheels and this increases the risk in mounting damage. If that occurs and we don't have another set of wheels we again have to wait for the manufacturer to get them to us. I never did get the PM Boozshey. And I do not have access to Mike's account.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:41 AM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

It seems that most people that are having issues are those with wheel orders. I don't recall anyone having an issue with hood orders; which is what I was mainly concerned about.

But, after reading all the reviews, it seems that CC is a hit or miss on getting parts in a reasonable time. True, they may have customer service that is willing to answer your questions and help correct problems, but you will have to decide if it is worth the weeks to months it takes to get things where everyone is happy to save a few dollars. In short, you have to ask yourself is it worth the gamble?

Originally Posted by CruizinConceptsJohn
Unfortunately they are rarely accurate. One reason we allow orders to be placed on out of stock items is so you get a spot in line when the product is back in stock.
This seems like a bad idea in general. Especially if this post is the only time that customers know about this policy. Letting people order parts that are not in, just to get in line for the new shipment, especially, if you know there is a history of the manufacturers not being accurate with there stock details, is just asking for problems. I haven't ordered from them before, so I am not sure if the sales rep even says, "this might take a while" but if they don't, it would be very upsetting and frustrating to have those kinds of delays and issues.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:57 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Those wheels were discontinued about a year ago. Just like every other vendor, we are at the mercy of the manufacturers. We tell our customers what the manufacturers tell us. Unfortunately they are rarely accurate.
That's understandable and every vendor goes through that. You are right. But you are the only vendor I've done business with that made me call you to find this out. Every other vendor I've worked with (and I've been restoring and working on cars for 15 years now) has taken the 5 mins and called me, the customer to tell me that the part I paid for is no longer being made. Making your customers call to find this out is a problem.

One reason we allow orders to be placed on out of stock items is so you get a spot in line when the product is back in stock. Logistically, this is a nightmare. This is also the reason other retailers do NOT allow pre-orders.
CC must be the first place you've worked then. Mid America, Corvette Central, The last Detail, Ecklers, Late Model resotration, Summit, Jegs just to name a few I've personally worked with ALL have allowed purchases on back-ordered parts. In truth with the current times back-orders is more common as they don't keep as much stock anymore. They all tell me the part is backordered and can take _____ to show up. Guess what, they have also called/e-mailed me letting me know if that time isn't being met. So the info you pass along is WAY WRONG.

Another thing to consider is the wheels aren't as easy to mount as stock wheels and this increases the risk in mounting damage.
Any competent shop can install without an issue but when I called you care group I told them UPS just placed them on my door and that they were unmounted.

I was going to just give my feedback and gracefully go away but your response to my feedback has started that fire in my stomach again as everything you said is just excusses for your company not doing your job.

For those else that are interested in this company look very close at their Desclaimer. I call out some important facts for you (http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/disclaimer.asp):

"Section - G. RISK OF LOSS

All items purchased from CRUIZIN’ CONCEPTS MOTORSPORTS are made pursuant to a shipment contract. The risk of loss and title for such items shall pass to you upon CRUIZIN’ CONCEPTS MOTORSPORTS' delivery to the carrier."

What this means is that the customer takes ownership of the asset at the time the carrier picks up which means if the UPS truck crashes and burns down with your asset on it Cruizen Concepts has no legal resposnibility to replace it and you have to work with UPS. I use UPS as just an example carrier. MOST companies don't pass this ownership on to the customer until after delievery. This gives them a legal out to say tough luck. Your gamble.

"Section II - SHIPPING DAMAGE

Damage may occur occasionally in transit. Any damage incurred during transit is the responsibility of the carrier; therefore damage claims must be filed directly to the carrier. In case of damage, retain all cartons, packing materials and damaged merchandise for the carrier to inspect. Never refuse shipment or return it without approval, with the exception of Estes-Express (See, “Once Products Have Shipped”). Your ability to be awarded a damage claim may be denied by the transit company if you refuse any freight shipment without our authorization (Estes-Express warrants authorized refusal of freight). If the damage is apparent upon receipt, accept the merchandise and note the damage and irregularities (such as crushed, torn, or broken packing) on the Freight bill and have the driver sign it as verification. All parts must be inspected before the driver leaves or else claims can be denied by the transit freight company. If any damage has occurred, not it on the driver's bill and have him initial it and make a copy for your records. All disputes as to the settlement amount or manner should be addressed with the carrier. CRUIZIN’ CONCEPTS MOTORSPORTS under no circumstances shall be liable for the damage merchandise or for subsequent settlement of the claim with the carrier. If you need assistance a CRUIZIN’ CONCEPTS MOTORSPORTS customer service representative may facilitate your damage claim process and/or may file the claim on the customers’ behalf. (Also refer to “Returns and Exchanges” section 1 A through B)"

What this means is that Cruizin Concepts wants you to work out any damaged equipent with the carrier and that if the carrier denies your claim you can't hold Cruizen Concepts liable. Take special note that it also says you should not refuse shipment. Why you ask. Maybe it's because they appointed you, the customer owner of the asset when it left their docs. Once again, your gamble.

Yes, I've seen stories of CC taking care of some cusotmers if their is damage or a problem with a shippment but I have also seen the other side of the story (and experienced it). When you place your order online you sign off on these terms so you have a legal battle on your hands if you need something they don't want to give. Like I said, I HOPE i'm just one that fell through the cracks but as you can see this company likes to give excusses and has had worked hard to release themselves of potential liablity.

This is just my oppinion and experience and should not be taken as anything else.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:06 PM
black2010
2nd Gear Member

Glad I kept the pics. Here's one of my brand new wheel I am speaking about.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Wow Black2010. That sounds like a terrible experience. I can't even remember the last time I actually read an entire disclaimer before. Thanks for the details.
I guess the next question is to ask about insurance. Can you purchase it when you check out from CC? Therefore if you have issue, the shipping company can't really say no.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:09 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I see both sides of the case (with black), and if everything here is accurate, then I side with black. Is it up to the company to decide whether or not to refund these issues, yes, it is.

Then again, it is also up to the consumer whether or not to shop with a company. If AM offers things that CC doesn't, and you are willing to pay the price difference to get those things, then go for it.

If you just want a lower price, that is an option too. In the end, to maintain customers, CC needs to nut up and pay for issues caused by anyone and anything until the product arrives at the customers house. That would solve a lot. They could raise prices a bit to compensate, anything, but it would be better for business.

They need to fix the issues with out of stock products, and they also need to improve customer service.

But if you want cheap...then gamble.

For example, I just ordered a head unit, from a licensed retailer it was $400 more than it was from an unlicensed retailer. I chose to lose the warranty and save $400. Is it a gamble? Sure. Is it worth it? I think so.

While I agree CC does have it's issues, it comes down to whether you are willing to gamble with your money.

It's unfortunate for me that my wheels shipped perfect from CC, and now the fronts have spots that look like blacks...careless interaction between me and curbs...ugh.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:19 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CaneMustang
Yes, bought my tire and wheel package from them - worked out a great deal! Met them in GA to pick up FR500's - I had a great experience

Talk to Mike!
Nice picture of your car. Do you have a stripe or a body kit on the lower side rocker panel? I like the black look.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:51 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

I had a simple and easy transaction with them when i originally bought my wheels. but then recentley i have been trying to get intouch with them cause of a problem yet they seem to be unwilling to help. i emailed their customer support 3 times, and mike here on MF, he eventually responded asking for my name to check my account but then has since gotten to me after i responded. personally i would not buy from them cause you may be ****ed if you have a problem. but if you have your heart set on a certain wheel then I would be warry of them, maybe go to american muscle. they have the best customer support i have ever experienced, they even scan the forums to see if they are mentioned to jump into and respond to help. also i havent even had my wheels for more then 2 years and the chrome is peeling around the rivets on my bullitts, this was not the reason i contacted mike either.

Last edited by Red Beast; 01-18-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Parts Vender Review - Cruizin Concepts