Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now I'm just pissed

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:42 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Now I'm just pissed

I was flipping out at work today, when I realized its been a goddamn month and my replacement 3d500 spoiler hasnt come in yet. I called Bob at 3dcarbon directly about a week and a half ago, and he told me that they have been backed up with painting and it would be on its way shortly. I was in no rush, but never once said that to him. I was happy to receive my package today until I opened it!! Its worse than the first one and has more scuffs and marks than the first one they sent. I am calling Bob back tomorrow with an earfull of words.

What should I do about this? Ask for a partial refund to have it repainted by a body shop? This just ruined my night.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:56 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I understand you're pissed but please don't take it out on them. I've had customers call/email me about packages showing up crushed boxes, even opened and spending time with them going over every part to make sure nothing fell out. You must remember unfortunately we have no work ethic in this country anymore, these "delivery" companies have employees that don't care and toss boxes every which way. Be cool, calm and collected. You'll get a lot more out of them that way especially if they're on the up and up. I hate it when I get yelled at for poop that isn't my fault, it would be easier squeezing blood from a stone at that point with me.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
I understand you're pissed but please don't take it out on them. I've had customers call/email me about packages showing up crushed boxes, even opened and spending time with them going over every part to make sure nothing fell out. You must remember unfortunately we have no work ethic in this country anymore, these "delivery" companies have employees that don't care and toss boxes every which way. Be cool, calm and collected. You'll get a lot more out of them that way especially if they're on the up and up. I hate it when I get yelled at for poop that isn't my fault, it would be easier squeezing blood from a stone at that point with me.
I worked at UPS for a few months and was surprised how rough they are on packages. Drop kicking them into trucks, throwing them like a football, you name it

Do not get me started on the mail/delivery services
Old 01-18-2011, 08:40 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I worked at UPS for a few months and was surprised how rough they are on packages. Drop kicking them into trucks, throwing them like a football, you name it

My friend worked for UPS helping load the trucks

They had a game where they competed to see who could throw/kick/slide boxes the farthest. The thinking was that, with the cushioning material inside the boxes, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Isn't the spoiler wrapped in a foam-like wrap, in addition to bubble wrap AND paper?
Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 PM
everett
2nd Gear Member

Don't pay....dispute the charges or send it back and get it somewhere else. It's your money
Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Calm and collected will get you further than pissed and out of control. Be polite, but stern. Ask them if it's a matter of quality control, or the method that they ship. Either way, they're responsible for getting you the product in good condition. If they need to have words with their carrier, then they will. Just inform them that you're looking for alternatives at this point, but you want to know what they are going to do to fix this.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

I would ask for the price difference of a non painted spoiler and have it sprayed locally.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
My friend worked for UPS helping load the trucks

They had a game where they competed to see who could throw/kick/slide boxes the farthest. The thinking was that, with the cushioning material inside the boxes, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Isn't the spoiler wrapped in a foam-like wrap, in addition to bubble wrap AND paper?
That's pretty much what happens
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

dude, i want to work at UPS now!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

To the OP: I say call Bob and let him know what happened. That way, he can file a claim against the shipper.
Also, file a claim against the shipper too! If both you and Bob hit them at both ends, just maybe they will realize that they screwed up royally!

Originally Posted by Alec

What can brown do for you?
The only brown coming out of those UPS guy is from their asses!
I purchased an $800 hand held tuner, and when they delivered it, not once did they ring my doorbell, they left it on the damn porch for ANYONE to walk up to it and steal it in plain sight! And I was home all day long!

Someone I know who is a competition shooter (pistol shooter, I think he even competed to try to join and shoot in the Olympic team) had one of his pistols delivered to him from a gunsmith. They left his gun attended at the door! Damn dangerous since kids could walk up and steal the box.
And that gun was not a cheap one either. I think his competition pistol costs about $1500!!!!!

Quick Reply: Now I'm just pissed