Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Pedal sticking to floor at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 06:29 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Default Gas Pedal sticking to floor at WOT

So .... I took my 2010 Mustang GT to the track today to see what she can do (just got it on 1/12/2011). Car is bone stock. It does have factory installed 3.55 gears.

Get up to the line....stage....take off when it goes green and go up thru the gears!!! Put the car in neutral when I realized that even though I am slowing down the car is bouncing off the rev-limiter.... DEJAVU (my 2010 Grabber Blue had the same issue)!!!! double stomped on the pedal and it came back up....
This occurred on all (4) runs that I made.

I think I saw another post where others have had this issue. I answered one where someone else mentioned it as well.

Besides the gas pedal sticking the only other problem was terrible wheel hop.

So my question is this..... is this a common issue on our cars??
Old 01-23-2011, 06:37 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I remember a thread back in July or August that expressed concern about the pedal "box" structure for the '10 & '11 GTs. They described that they flexed alot in WOT conditions, and when power shifting. They talked about how the the pedal would remain fully depressed just like your gas pedal would remain fully depressed.

I am not sure if the '10 and '11 GT pedal "box" structures are exactly the same, but they mentioned that the pedal assembly from the GT500 immediately cures any stuck pedal problems.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I remember a thread back in July or August that expressed concern about the pedal "box" structure for the '10 & '11 GTs. They described that they flexed alot in WOT conditions, and when power shifting. They talked about how the the pedal would remain fully depressed just like your gas pedal would remain fully depressed.

I am not sure if the '10 and '11 GT pedal "box" structures are exactly the same, but they mentioned that the pedal assembly from the GT500 immediately cures any stuck pedal problems.
On my Grabber Blue 2010 I fixed it by removing the plastic "flashing" that was not properly trimmed off and caused the issue on that car. This one I looked and it does not have that same issue. oh well, time to use that warranty I quess...
Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I hope they get you fixed up. Sorry to hear that your pedal was failing you in a time of where it should never mess up (actually, it should never mess up ever, and flooring it is within design specs).

I found the vid about the pedal stick. This particular one shows why the clutch pedal sticks, but I think the gas pedal is the same design.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg1h7Y__Vcc
Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Sounds awful toyotaish.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Don't have a fix or what causes it, but I've heard about it happening. It was mentioned to me that whomever made the part for Toyota made it for Ford also.

This is for a commercial vehicle, but you never know what they do behind the scenes for parts on their other models.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/28/r...ford-of-china/
Old 01-23-2011, 10:01 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Alright sorry to hear about it, but where are the times????? Lol I would just take it to the dealer and let them deal with it. The car is practically showroom new
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 AM
jz
3rd Gear Member

That's a shame. Hopefully it's not a common issue and only been related to your cars. I'm sure the dealer can fix it.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

wow, never had that happen on mine and it's been WOT more times than I can count. that would be some scary shat right there. Helluva difference in a prius running away at WOT and a GT. BTW- you buy your new ride off the show room floor? not that it matters, just curous since you only recently got your stang back. I've been eyeing pic sof your old one lately thinking about that roush front end on mine.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:44 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by ShaneM
wow, never had that happen on mine and it's been WOT more times than I can count. that would be some scary shat right there. Helluva difference in a prius running away at WOT and a GT. BTW- you buy your new ride off the show room floor? not that it matters, just curous since you only recently got your stang back. I've been eyeing pic sof your old one lately thinking about that roush front end on mine.
It actually had 11k miles on it when I bought it. Got good deal on it. I could not get a deal on a '11 V6 or GT...but I tried!!

On the Grabber Blue GT, I ordered my nose thru my dealer and got the full stage 3 grille (upper, lower, fogs), front splitter and side splitters for $1,200 plus tax. Saved on shipping by having it delivered to the dealer.

Last edited by wilkinda; 01-24-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Gas Pedal sticking to floor at WOT