Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit and Run

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:50 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

Angry Hit and Run

DIdn't have a great weekend....
Some idiot in an F-150 backed into the Mustang last night. They hit it hard enough that it ripped the rear facia into 2 pieces and nearly split the bumper cover in 2 also. I already have a gt500 rear facia to put on when the weather gets warmer but anyone know where i can find a new bumper cover for cheap?

(I have a high deductable and can get the work done for cheap or do it myself so i think ill end up paying out of pocket. And I did file a police report, one of the guys that lives near me saw the truck speed away after hitting the car)
Old 01-24-2011, 07:59 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Man that sucks big time. I would be pretty darn pissed off. GL finding out who did it.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:14 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Unfortunately me thinks that you aren't going to find out who did it. Cops tend to take hit and run reports and throw them into the unused, old dusty filing cabinet.

Sorry to hear that though man definitely sucks! I have no idea what a good bumper cover solution would be personally be i'm sure someone will chime in soon. Hang in there and hopefully everything gets figured out soon!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Bad enough you were hit by not only another Ford driver but by an irresponsible Ford driver. Some people have no morals.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Bad enough you were hit by not only another Ford driver but by an irresponsible Ford driver. Some people have no morals.
I know right? Thanks for the wishes. If nothing else I have a 10% off parts through my dealer (coupon)... that'd help out if i do have to order the cover through Ford.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

That sucks man! Ignorant people.
Due to having a 2011, there may not be many used bumpers out there. However, it wouldn't hurt to check your local Craigs list for those that may have modded there 2011 and changed out their bumper. Craigslist.com
Another would be a junk yard.....but i doubt they would have any.
Worth a try......
Good luck!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 01-24-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidas04
DIdn't have a great weekend....
Some idiot in an F-150 backed into the Mustang last night. They hit it hard enough that it ripped the rear facia into 2 pieces and nearly split the bumper cover in 2 also. I already have a gt500 rear facia to put on when the weather gets warmer but anyone know where i can find a new bumper cover for cheap?

(I have a high deductable and can get the work done for cheap or do it myself so i think ill end up paying out of pocket. And I did file a police report, one of the guys that lives near me saw the truck speed away after hitting the car)
I just wanted to give you the heads up on the legalities of your accident. If you have full coverage and someone crashes into you and vacates the scene, you will not be held at fault and will not have to pay the deductible. You don't have to find the other party, that is the polices job. all you need is the police report. Trust me I been in the business for a while.

If you have one way coverage insurance, you must have the other guys plate or you will be responsible for paying the deductible for your accident.

If you have full coverage and have the police report, then claim it through the insurance. Get it fixed at the dealer because you can repair it anywhere you like and that is by law. The best part is that , you premiums wont go up because there is no way you could have prevented that.

The insurance companies bank on the fact that you wont report the accident due to ignorance on your behalf, no pun intended. This way you get screwed and they get richer. I see far too many people get taken by corporations because they dont know the rules of the game. Any questions, feel free to ask my brotha ?
Old 01-28-2011, 09:57 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN
I just wanted to give you the heads up on the legalities of your accident. If you have full coverage and someone crashes into you and vacates the scene, you will not be held at fault and will not have to pay the deductible. You don't have to find the other party, that is the polices job. all you need is the police report. Trust me I been in the business for a while.

If you have one way coverage insurance, you must have the other guys plate or you will be responsible for paying the deductible for your accident.

If you have full coverage and have the police report, then claim it through the insurance. Get it fixed at the dealer because you can repair it anywhere you like and that is by law. The best part is that , you premiums wont go up because there is no way you could have prevented that.

The insurance companies bank on the fact that you wont report the accident due to ignorance on your behalf, no pun intended. This way you get screwed and they get richer. I see far too many people get taken by corporations because they dont know the rules of the game. Any questions, feel free to ask my brotha ?
+1 I was gonna say that but you beat me too it.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:22 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about this bro, hopefully you have full coverage.

And Jamaman, thanks for the info. Could come in handy later on down the road (hopefully not).
Old 01-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JAMAMAN

Does that include a foul pop fly at a little league game somehow making it over 500 yards to the parking lot and denting my roof (yes, I know it sounds amazingly impossible, but it happened)

Quick Reply: Hit and Run