Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my mustang is dead......

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Were you following an SUV, or something that blocked your view. When you switched lanes, why didn't you switch back to your lane when you saw the slow traffic? Were you pre-occupied with your boost gauge instead? Sorry bud, unfortunately, you won't win this one, but props for hitting the cop
Old 01-25-2011, 09:07 AM
GT Premi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
... it is your fault because you were switching lanes and the other vehicle in that lane had the right of way.
ding ding ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, so somebody may have already said what I'm about to say. You didn't give much details, but if the other cars were going that much below the posted speed limit, it was probably because conditions warranted it; whether that be a traffic snarl or weather conditions. If it was weather conditions and you try to take this to court, you're gonna have your **** handed to you and will be lucky if you come out without a suspended license. Be careful out there!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:06 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Lol I'm loving reading this thread.

But yeah, short and sweet gist of it is that you're completely at fault. Don't write your congressperson, you'll only humiliate yourself and waste their time.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:24 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Was there an emergency vehicle on the side of the road? I see you live in VA too and you know about the "Move Over Slow Down" law. Perhaps that's what was going on?
By you hitting a State Trooper, the chances that you will get out of being at fault are very slim. I've seen where Cops were seen at fault but they sited the other driver. Just like they can speed down the road and get away with it.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rly_stupid
im a nuclear engineer in the navy. this alias I use is back from high school and I still find it funny and I also find it funny how much of a temper tantrum ppl throw because of it.

anywho thank yall.
OMG! We're sunk.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:45 PM
slidai
1st Gear Member

If you hit someone from the back, it's your fault. Learn to look. You hit people because you're not paying attention. Even if i know for sure i am clear, i still look and i have avoided an accident a number of times because i looked even though i was sure i was clear.

I thought your post was a troll post when i first looked at it. Then i saw you had 100+ posts and i thought wow, this guy can't take responsibility for his own mistakes.

Example of an accident that was not your fault but the cops say was: My sister was going through a green light and got t-boned by a lady running the red light. Because my sister did not slow down to 10 miles an hour under the posted speed limit, it was her fault too. She almost died. If it was not for her side air bags, she would have. Now that's bullsh*t.

Last edited by slidai; 01-25-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Speed limits are UPPER limits unless there's a posted minimum. They could have been doing 15 MPH and still be legal.

This is what our country has come to; a bunch of irresponsible people that believe that they're never wrong and it's always someone else's fault. Back over someone and instead of learning how to back up safely we'll soon have mandatory back up radar and cameras. Have an accident due to a blow-out from low tire pressure and instead of learning how to check our tires we now have TPMS shoved down our throats. All because it's not our fault so we need electronics to keep us from being RLY STUPID.

Last edited by Nuke; 01-25-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It doesn't matter why they were driving 30 (as were a bunch of other cars in that lane from your description) You're still at fault for hitting another vehicle. What if both lanes were traveling at 30mph and you hit them? So what?

It's called an unsafe lane change. It can be defined as a number of things, no turn signal when you changed lanes, cheating a car that's already in the lane (yes that is a phrase used by DPS here in AZ), changing lanes in a way that causes the vehicle you behind you to hit its brakes, hitting another car (HINT)...
Old 01-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by Nuke
Speed limits are UPPER limits unless there's a posted minimum. They could have been doing 15 MPH and still be legal.

This is what our country has come to; a bunch of irresponsible people that believe that they're never wrong and it's always someone else's fault. Back over someone and instead of learning how to back up safely we'll soon have mandatory back up radar and cameras. Have an accident due to a blow-out from low tire pressure and instead of learning how to check out tires we now have TPMS shoved down our throats. All because it's not our fault so we need electronics to keep us from being STUPID.
LOL that's so true. Now we have cars that auto brake when you follow too closely (Mercedes E class and Volvo cars) and squawk at you when you veer out of your lane (I think Lexus) they call it a 'Lane Departure warning system'.. too funny.

Last edited by Derf00; 01-25-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rly_stupid
im asking for yalls opinion not for an *******....
We GAVE "yall" our opinions but you're so intent on finding a way to prove your point that you don't want to hear it. It's called DENIAL but you'll hopefully snap out of it.

BTW, I've been in commercial nuclear for over 34 years and many of the people I work with are ex-navy nukes, mostly boats, and nearly every one of them is willing to admit to their mistakes. Perhaps it's called growing up...

Quick Reply: my mustang is dead......