Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take the stang to the UK?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:52 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
if your company will lease you a car there, would they pay to ship your car there?
Gas is anywhere from $7 - $10 a gallon in across Europe. I think the little crappy Euro micro car would be a lot better for a daily driver.

However if you have a place to put it in England take it with you.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
Gas is anywhere from $7 - $10 a gallon in across Europe. I think the little crappy Euro micro car would be a lot better for a daily driver.

However if you have a place to put it in England take it with you.
Not sure what kind of garage situation is common there, I have plenty of research to do for housing. As far as gas prices, cars are my hobby, so I'm willing to pay to play.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

isn't the european petrol higher octane than our gas?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
isn't the european petrol higher octane than our gas?
This is what I have been reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
Old 01-26-2011, 10:50 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

This the UK MOT link about registering.....doesn't look that bad.

http://www.ukmot.com

Checkout the Ford Focus Cosworth.....looks satisfying....CHEERS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1zcm...yer_detailpage

Last edited by daredevil95; 01-26-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:29 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

http://mocgb.net/

This is a link to the UK Mustang Owners Club. I'm sure they could give you some usable info. I think it'd be cool to have one over there. Of course I think having a Mustang anywhere is cool lol.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:23 AM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

I had my 07 stang in england for almost 4 years...Dude take the car trust me. The people will stare all day at your stang. I had to hit people with sticks to get them to stop looking lol. True story i got lost in a subdivison(thanks tomtom) with a group of friends trying to get to a race track near alconburry and i **** you not 3 different families came outside their HOUSE just to look at my car, because we had to stop to find out where the hell we where. Plus people will buy that car from you in pounds. So if you want that new stang when u get back to the states it's perfect way to get the money man. Say you sell it for 15,000 pounds you just made almost 30,000 dollars because of the conversion. Trust me take the car, people will drool and its worth alot there. Wait till you tell them how much hp it has. When people would ask me that, it looked like they came in there pants lol.

Last edited by mattstang2007; 01-27-2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

true story from matt above. ppl will go absolutely ape over there. when i moved back from dubai and got my stang, all my english friends wouldnt stop bothering me about my it lol. and it seems like england has a lot more tracks and track days than u can find here, so you could play with it a ton. and just curious what do you mean you have to change it to uk lighting. i never noticed anything different about the head lights when i was over there
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
true story from matt above. ppl will go absolutely ape over there. when i moved back from dubai and got my stang, all my english friends wouldnt stop bothering me about my it lol. and it seems like England has a lot more tracks and track days than u can find here, so you could play with it a ton. and just curious what do you mean you have to change it to uk lighting. i never noticed anything different about the head lights when i was over there
The conversion I was talking about is the rear lighting scheme. I need a rear fog light. I don't want a big red thing hanging down so that means modifying the rear buckets. I found a mustang road racing team that is finding me a set of japan spec tail lights for the 2010+. They look the same, but the outer reverse is actually orange for a turn signal. So inner white would stay the same, outer white would become turn signal, two of three reds would become same time on brake lights and one red would become a brighter rear fog that is required in the UK.

Im very tempted to take it over. The things that are making be not want to are the initial cost to ship, the weather in general, the fact that the company is providing a car, and my wife cant drive stick(that might mean a third car since i dont know if she would be on an insurance for the lease car). I have to wait for some paperwork to be processed, but when the ball starts rolling im going to ask them if not getting a lease and having them pay for shipping is possible. the hand books all so no, but its worth a shot
Old 01-27-2011, 11:01 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

well if you ship it yourself and get the lease car, couldnt u keep ur baby in a garage? and just take it out on nice days? and thats interesting about the tail lights

Quick Reply: Take the stang to the UK?