Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bullsh!t dealer story

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 07:33 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default bullsh!t dealer story

Well I got a call from the dealer today saying my car was ready for pickup (if you read my last thread, I was bringing it in for a wheel alignment, ambient lighting problem, door rattle, and rear clunking noise). I was first informed that the was no clunking noise (earlier in the day before they did the alignment) but when they called to inform me that everything was done, they said there was a clunking noise but it was from the "aftermarket exhaust". I think that is just bullsh!t cause they didnt know it was an after market exhaust until they lifted it for the alignment and probably just want to blame it on that..... They also said they couldnt find the passenger side door rattle, because they checked and there was no rattle. Maybe they couldnt replicate it, but I will make it rattle when I go down tomorrow and watch the look on their face. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS WHERE I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM and they are giving me bull**** stories of a clunking coming from "a loose aftermarket exhaust". They also told me there was an exhaust leak cause they smelt it in the cabin, but isnt that just from not having cats?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:44 PM
ziperhead
2nd Gear Member

I had a rattle in the back and it turned out my Corsa's had a rattle in them.

FYI, I found the issue myself.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ziperhead
I had a rattle in the back and it turned out my Corsa's had a rattle in them.

FYI, I found the issue myself.
The thing is theres no rattle from the exhaust, they just same an aftermarket exhaust, and blamed the clunking on that instead of looking into it.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

I have Bullitt mufflers on the clunk like crazy, even the JBA's did. The rubber bushing in the hanger is very soft.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
I have Bullitt mufflers on the clunk like crazy, even the JBA's did. The rubber bushing in the hanger is very soft.
Alright so maybe they werent bull****ting about that lol, but an exhaust leak?? Isnt that just from not having cats, cause I know when I start it I smell nothing but fumes
Old 01-31-2011, 08:35 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

it could be a leak too. depends on how good the seal is. leaks are common though
Old 01-31-2011, 08:44 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I don't see lowered or after market wheels in your signature, but I only get door rattle when I have my aftermarket wheels on and go over washboard pavement in the city or highway! If you have either it might be the cause!
Old 01-31-2011, 08:48 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
it could be a leak too. depends on how good the seal is. leaks are common though
I mean I tightened everything as much as possible but maybe I'll check again. Is it bad to have a slight exhaust leak?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
Bigorangek9
1st Gear Member

I'm taking mine in for warranty gear change, whines like crazy, I asked them about stuck/broken spark plugs on the 4.6 & they told me they have NO issues with them, said it's only the 5.4s!!!! Is that a crock or what!!?? Mine has 42,000 on it now & I haven't decided wether to try to get them out now, or wait till later. If it wasn't for warranty work I would NEVER go to dealer!!!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:12 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yes....exhaust leaks are bad.....if it gets into the cabin, it can be a serious problem for you. Put the car up in the air, start it and run your hand around any joints or welds. If there is a leak, you may feel it. Also look for black soot...indicating a hole.

I find that most of the time, I have to show the service tech the leak/rattle/bad area to be sure it gets taken care of.

Quick Reply: bullsh!t dealer story