Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my wheels!

Old 02-05-2011, 03:19 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Thanks Guys! Just got an e-mail from LRS saying that the rims will not be in stock for another 8 - 10 business days. Jesus christ do they ever have any rims in stock? I had to wait until march for the RTR's and now 2 weeks before I get these. Might as well wait the extra 2 weeks and get the RTR's lol. Hopefully they come in sooner than 10 business days.
You need to be more patient!! xD The anticipation is what makes getting the object all that much better.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:33 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

ya those are nice wheels as well cant wait to see them on ur car
Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

thanks everyone!! and I am "sort of patient" lol but I have waiter long enough to make a decision and it seems that LRS waits for someone to order the rim before they order it from their distributer.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well LRS just called me back and told me the track pack wheels will now no longer be in stock until late - mid march due to back order. I think I am just going to cancel my order and just re-order the RTR's and wait for them. I bought the track packs because I did really like them but if I have to wait basically the same amount of time, I am better off going with my initial first choice. Now I dont mean to sound impatient but this is effing ridiculous. Does LRS stock any of the rims they sell???
Old 02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Few stock wheels any more, typically they drop ship because it saves space and some of the companies pay shipping that way.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
Few stock wheels any more, typically they drop ship because it saves space and some of the companies pay shipping that way.
Man its really annoying I mean when someone orders rims they want them to be shipped on their way in 3 days like they guarantee. I am gonna take a few look at the TSW's and the RTR's and base my decision on those 2. Is there any off set with the TSW's where you can get more of a curved face like the RTR's?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:34 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Man its really annoying I mean when someone orders rims they want them to be shipped on their way in 3 days like they guarantee. I am gonna take a few look at the TSW's and the RTR's and base my decision on those 2. Is there any off set with the TSW's where you can get more of a curved face like the RTR's?
not sure, my 9.5" rears have more curve than the 9" fronts. It would seem the wider you go the more curve you get. i love the TSW wheels, i actually like the gray better than matte black now that i have them. the thing I dislike about all black wheels is no break in the black color with the tire. i would assume if you ent 9.5 on front and 10 on the rear you would have more curve. they arenl;t as flat as they look in pictures. they aren't as curved as the rtrs appear to be either. i have 30mm front and 40mm rear offset. the fronts could be pushed maybe a quarter inch more out and still be flush. no more than 40 on the rear or they will stick out with these wheels. i can tell you kow that most people drop ship directly from TSW if that affects your decision at all. took avout 5 days for mine to ship out, but the tsw has a dallas warehouse so they were here the next day.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

The problem is that keeping an on hand stock of a large variety of wheels is both expensive and space consuming and most smallish companies can't or won't want to afford either of those. And neither will you to be honest, because that would mean you paying more to cover their overhead.

I know what you mean though I still look back on those days when I had to wait 14 weeks for my car to be delivered...terrible days.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:05 PM
deekum1627
6th Gear Member

o man that sucks. let us know how you make out with whatever you do now.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I know what you mean though I still look back on those days when I had to wait 14 weeks for my car to be delivered...terrible days.
14 weeks!? Haha. I ordered my car in January of 05 and it came in September of that year!

To the OP... bummer but it will all be worth it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordered my wheels!