Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of Q's about the X-Plan...

Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM
Squall67584

Default Couple of Q's about the X-Plan...

Hello, first post here, though I've been lurking for awhile (a lot of great info here!). I'm going to be getting a 5.0 in the somewhat near future and found out that I can get the X-Plan through my work, which is pretty cool and a surprise to me since I didn't know about that until a few days ago.

Anyways, while I was on their site, they list the X-Plan price, then an incentive of $500. I know that while building and pricing the car on Ford's regular site, they give an option for either cash back or a low interest rate (0.9, 1.9, etc.). Is the X-Plan incentive the same type of thing, where if you take the $500 off, then you can't get the low interest rate, or is it still eligible for that?

My other question is the X-Plan pricing for options. They only list the price of the model (GT, GT Premium) but don't mention the options. The only ones I want are the 3.73 gear and the Brembo pack, though the over the top stripe is growing on me. How much does the X-Plan discount the options, or does it?

Lastly, after reading through the faqs of the plan, they sort of infer that you have to order the car unless that particular dealer is willing to sell one from their lot. It didn't really clarify anything on that, so what has your experience been with this? All of the dealers that Ford's website shows in my area (about 5 of them) don't have a 'stang with the options I want or the color.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Squall67584
Hello, first post here, though I've been lurking for awhile (a lot of great info here!). I'm going to be getting a 5.0 in the somewhat near future and found out that I can get the X-Plan through my work, which is pretty cool and a surprise to me since I didn't know about that until a few days ago.

Anyways, while I was on their site, they list the X-Plan price, then an incentive of $500. I know that while building and pricing the car on Ford's regular site, they give an option for either cash back or a low interest rate (0.9, 1.9, etc.). Is the X-Plan incentive the same type of thing, where if you take the $500 off, then you can't get the low interest rate, or is it still eligible for that?

My other question is the X-Plan pricing for options. They only list the price of the model (GT, GT Premium) but don't mention the options. The only ones I want are the 3.73 gear and the Brembo pack, though the over the top stripe is growing on me. How much does the X-Plan discount the options, or does it?

Lastly, after reading through the faqs of the plan, they sort of infer that you have to order the car unless that particular dealer is willing to sell one from their lot. It didn't really clarify anything on that, so what has your experience been with this? All of the dealers that Ford's website shows in my area (about 5 of them) don't have a 'stang with the options I want or the color.
I used the explan and u get all the incentives that ford is offering at the time of purchase. So u will get the car at discounted price plus the incentives. Just get your vin number for the xplan pricing and then go to the dealership and start asking away
Old 02-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Every vehicle has xplan pricing, regardless of upgrades, etc...

The key is to find a car on the lot that has the features you want. We got our 2010, track pack, 3.73, carbon fiber interior...it happened to be a showroom model, we just told them what features we wanted and he pulled all the cars in the area that fit, it just turns out that one of them was in the showroom.

The msrp was 34.5K, xplan was 32K.

You get any applicable incentives on top of the xplan price, and any financing options availalble. It's a sweet deal.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Squall67584

Great info guys, thanks! The x-plan does seem to be the route to go. I've heard of people negotiating the price down to invoice, but they then get charged $500 for the documentation fees. But with the x-plan, it's capped at 100, or at least that's what I'm reading from it.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Milspec
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I believe that's correct. I recall from our purchase that the whole process was quite painless, they seem to have their stuff together with this plan.

Good luck on your purchase!