Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Steeda delete plates worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:37 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

jesus I love you TYLUS you just saved me lol.. the guy wasnt going to have them shipped until saturday when he is going for his s/c install so I am safe now. I might consider the plugs, but I doubt it cause the deal on the delete plates was the only reason I was getting them.. Thanks again for saving my a$$ again man, good call
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Recon111
I will play dumb, what is a steeda delete and why would you want to get rid of steeda.
all 2005-2010 4.6 3v motors have charge motion control valves (CMCV).

the 2005-2008 have a seperate CMCV plate that the upper manifold bolts to.

the 2009-2010 have the CMCV molded into the intake like the 5.4 3v (2004-current) does.

You use the Steeda Delete Plate for 2005-2008, and a Steeda Delete plug for 2009-2010's.

The Steeda Deletes essentially remove the butterflies. This removes restrictions from the intake and allow for a slight gain in HP. Mainly only good for high RPM bands.
Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
jesus I love you TYLUS you just saved me lol.. the guy wasnt going to have them shipped until saturday when he is going for his s/c install so I am safe now. I might consider the plugs, but I doubt it cause the deal on the delete plates was the only reason I was getting them.. Thanks again for saving my a$$ again man, good call
just glad I saw this before you blew the money. The Plugs are a PITA from everything I've read. And they are prone to actually leaking and causing vacuum/brake problems. Search the forums and a few guys have used the plugs with a few DIY parts to make them more effective.

I want to do this, but I figure if I'm going to pull the manifold, I'll just do a blower install instead. It isn't hard to accomplish, but I'm lazy and have very little time to work on the car. That, and the CMCV delete doesn't gain you a ton of noticeable power that can't be achieved through other easier means first IMO
Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tylus
just glad I saw this before you blew the money. The Plugs are a PITA from everything I've read. And they are prone to actually leaking and causing vacuum/brake problems. Search the forums and a few guys have used the plugs with a few DIY parts to make them more effective.

I want to do this, but I figure if I'm going to pull the manifold, I'll just do a blower install instead. It isn't hard to accomplish, but I'm lazy and have very little time to work on the car. That, and the CMCV delete doesn't gain you a ton of noticeable power that can't be achieved through other easier means first IMO
I agree 100%. I was buying them cause for $150 5rwhp is pretty good, but it wouldnt make sense for me to buy the plugs and run into problems for only 5rwhp. If I keep the car long enough I will eventually supercharge it when I am in college, otherwise I am standing as is performance wise unless there is another little cheap (-$400) mod to gain some easy hp