Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trufiber hood quality??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Default Trufiber hood quality??

Apparently im getting almost $600 back on tax returns (surprised me since i only worked 3/4 of the year cause of school and i got less then half when i worked a full year)
I found out CC has the type of hood i really want and its only $350 plus i live close to CC so i can pick it up my self to save even more.

My question is how is the quality on trufibers hoods and how much can i expect to pay to have it prepped and painted??
I wanna get it painted with the recessed parts (from the vents to the hood) gloss black and the main part of the hood redfire of course.

This is the hood im talking about

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....OD0509&cat=580
Old 02-10-2011, 01:54 PM
ikemikestang
2nd Gear Member

Heard nothing but good about them, but they do have to be painted/prepped a special way. Im sure Pascal will chime in as always.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
longhornaero

I would be very careful about buying a TruFiber hood from anyone other than TruFiber. I purchased a TruFiber hood from a 3rd party supplier a couple of years ago and got completely screwed by them. The hood was terrible quality and they refused to do anything about it. In the end, I contacted TruFiber directly and they made everything right, but honestly, they had no obligation to do anything for me since apparently this other company knew they sold me an inferior product.

It wasn't cruizinconcepts, it was some other loser company not worth mentioning (pretty sure they have shut down since then). It does seem odd that CC would sell for less than TruFiber, but who knows what kinda deals they make.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:05 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I agree. There are too many sorry middlemen who care nothing about the customer except to take money from him. Now, there are some sellers who are actually great guys to buy from, and they will be a little more than, but what you are buying is peace of mind and customer service in addition to the product.

For example, the majority of Ebay 3rd part stores are useless, and if you need to exchange something, you are screwed.
But you can look at American Muscle for example, and lets say you buy a Steeda part. If you open the box and something is wrong or broken, they will definitely make it right.

You buy the very same part from one of those Ebay stores, and you run the risk of several things:
The part is not new (it is actually used)
The part is broken and the seller is really some jerk who sells reject parts.
The part is not the real thing. It is a copy, a fake, and the seller was trying to pass it as the real thing.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

I love my TruCarbon parts. WOuldnt ask for anything else.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by ikemikestang
Heard nothing but good about them, but they do have to be painted/prepped a special way. Im sure Pascal will chime in as always.
I'll pass, It's getting old by now...
Old 02-11-2011, 09:32 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

i love my trufiber hood... but the fiberglass hoods are a PITA to work with and will probably cost you close to what you paid for it to get it prepped/painted properly. They do look nice though, and you don't see many people driving around with them! Good luck!
Old 02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Tracedaddy
4th Gear Member

I like mine for the most part. There is a little waviness on top of the scoop. I'm not sure if it was that way when I bought it or my paint guys buggered it up. I tend to think the latter. Nice finish on the inside and out.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:06 PM
k1975collins

Originally Posted by longhornaero
I would be very careful about buying a TruFiber hood from anyone other than TruFiber. I purchased a TruFiber hood from a 3rd party supplier a couple of years ago and got completely screwed by them. The hood was terrible quality and they refused to do anything about it. In the end, I contacted TruFiber directly and they made everything right, but honestly, they had no obligation to do anything for me since apparently this other company knew they sold me an inferior product.

It wasn't cruizinconcepts, it was some other loser company not worth mentioning (pretty sure they have shut down since then). It does seem odd that CC would sell for less than TruFiber, but who knows what kinda deals they make.
While i have no knowledge of the quality of CC products, i can say that its really not that unheard of(although it is weird, ill admit) to have a 3rd party able to sell a product for cheaper that the original manufacturer. Look at STAGE3MOTORSPORTS, a great mustang buisness that sells genuine ROUSH parts for so much cheaper that ROUSH, plus stage3 offers free shipping, and even a discount to us MF memebers(honestly, this is not a cheap promo for STAGE3), LOL, just my 2 cents
Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I'm a huge fan of Trufiber, but please be aware that the prep & paint "could" cost you more than expected. I know in the case of the Trufiber hood that I had on my 2005, the shop that did my prep & paint looked at it before they touched it and thought it looked great...but in the end they told me they would never quote me a price to do another one until it was completely finished. The few hours they quoted me turned into a few days.

I would buy another one, just need to make sure to have the funds available to prep & paint it.

here's my old car

Quick Reply: Trufiber hood quality??