Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seperatist.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 08:48 PM
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Default Seperatist.....

I am an avid motorcyclist and am in several motorcycle forums, I am a Vette owner and belong to a couple of Vette Forums. This is the first Mustang Forum I am in. There are tons of different bikes and yet all the bikers get along and find their common grounds to discuss. Corvette owners seem to admire all the differences in each other cars, ranging from the low horse power to the absolute screamers, from the early C-1's all the way up to new C-6s.

This is the only forum where I have seen people with so much in common drawing lines and making rude comments to each other because of differences in personnal choices of owners of Mustangs. Every thread I have participated in on the V-6 forums has had someone climb in there and say that we weren't real Mustang owners because it is a 6 cyclinder and not a GT or a Shelby...

I'm not sure what is up here or why there is so much seperation among Mustang Owners. No one is threatening to you, no one is in competition with you, no one here wants to see anyone fail, everyone just wants to enjoy their cars and exchange ideas. I have reached the age and financial security that I can have whatever car I want (Well mostly whatever I want....LOL). I now purchase cars based on some nostalgic memories that give them a special meaning to me. Not based on power, or motor size, for those of you who are judging others based on Cubic inches, your missing the real meaning and joy of Mustang Ownership, so take it from a middle aged guy who has had his day of Muscle cars, slow down and enjoy the ride because the day will come when you are remembering the thrill and wishing you had savored the flavor a little more......
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you arent reading enough threads then because there are plenty that do not have any of that in them
Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

This site is calm compared to another one I visit.... but I don't read too many v6 threads. Don't read much in the Shelby dept either.....could get expensive for me! Lol
Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

There are opinionated knuckleheads everywhere....you should know that by now? There will always be misunderstandings and conflicts. Especially by the immature.

Also, some times it could be the perception of the person mis-understanding the other persons statement. There's also a lot of problems with some not understanding/educated in the topic and grief/misunderstanding occurs. Then there are just pig headed people that lack open-mindness.

The forum is a place for people of all types and for all our ideas/opinions & educating ourselves in whatever topics being discussed. Respect should be paramount!

I notice when the V6 & V8 topics come up....there are few V8 guys who belligerently talk negatively about the V6 cars. These type don't understand/care that for some people the amount of cylinders/power doesn't matter in their motoring experience. It's all about the styling/ergonomics of the Mustang and I agree a V6 Mustang is a nice car and should be appreciated. A lot of the times I notice V6 guys seem/behave as though they have something to prove. This applies to the sort that worries about a BS V6 cliche and this plays on their self-esteem which puts them into a V6 banner. In the end were all Mustang owners....enjoy the car/culture!

Last edited by daredevil95; 02-11-2011 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:09 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

This is the internet and it's a forum. Learn to ignore the rude or comments you don't like. Unfortunately it happens. People tend to get into cliches.. it's high school all over!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:27 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Why read into negative comments of others? Ignore them and move on. Most of us are here for information and to "drool" over the beauty of others mustangs. It's a shame there are people that don't understand that forums are intended to help fellow owners and showcase your ride. Stick around long enough and you'll see most of us are good people.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:35 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I find it hard that the chevy forums are totally DEVOID of guys trashing on other guys rides.
Sorry but if you read enough you will see the very same problems.
Asshats are in every forum. Even forums for TOY cars!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:46 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

^^^I'm in the Corvette forum and in my opinion they could be the worst. In the Mustang forums it's very noticeable that the trouble makers are the young/immature. They can't help it....it's their age. I just want to mention that most in the forum are good and mean well.

In the Vette forum it's obvious that these idiots are middle aged guys that are the biggest cry babies I ever had the misfortune to read. Unbelievable is all I could state. I can't believe they are sane adults! I just want to mention that most in the forum are good people and mean well.

We all make mistakes which is ok....that's a learning curve!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:21 AM
imboden
1st Gear Member

Hey what kinda bike u got? I'm into the Harleys. Not the Harley ego, just like the bike. My great grandfather had a harley shop in Chehalis, WA back in the 1920's so it's kinda a family thing. Dad and Grandpa both raced in the 60's 70's. Anyways, I have two Harley's right now, and I belong to a Harley forum. Have had up to 7 Harley's at one time, but thats just too much.

Far as the forum goes. I'm pretty much a new guy here. I see what you mean as far as V6 vs. GT. I just ignore those folks and move on to the people that seem good. I'm honestly more into the motorcycles, but this Mustang has been slowly sinkin its teeth into me. Finished up my shelby hood pins tonight, and on Monday will be putin on my new wheels.

take care dude!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:52 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't give a damn what other people think. It is the V6 mustang that keeps the brand alive for the most part.

But then again, I am one of those people that feels a mustang, camaro or challenger needs a V8 under the hood. You just can't beat the soundtrack! I will never own a V6 mustang in my life if I can help it.