Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FML, the V6 is HURT.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 07:40 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Part of me wants to loose the Boss lettering on my stripes, but the other part of me absolutely LOVES how the Boss lettering stripes look on my car. Ugh, this sucks.

I also like these stripes, what do you guys think? (without the 302 part, prolly put 227 or 3.7L)

Old 02-12-2011, 07:52 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I think I over react with stuff like this, but if he got in my face yelling at me after he hit my stang, I wouldve knocked that son ofa b!tch out!! People just **** me off. I had a friend who was hit in the rear on a motorcycle and flew 30 ft and the guy tried to say he didnt hit him....

Anyways my stang is hurt too. Hit a stack of ice 3 in high rolling into my driveway, and shattered the corner of my chin spoiler =[. Was pretty pissed, but I am getting the roush fascia anyway so it wasnt that bad for me.. I wish you luck man, and I hope you get your baby fixed soon
Old 02-13-2011, 12:18 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DRAGUL
..............If I was in your position I would go to the police station and demand to speak to someone in higher authority. This is not private property, so it is complete b/s that there is not a police report, stating the facts and who is at fault. He still merged into your lane without looking, so therefore his fault. Speeding or not he hit you in the side, so therefore you were already beside him when he did not look and changed lanes.You might be young but without proof you were speeding, that is age discrimination. Cops are not suppose to discriminate and suppose to go only on the facts. I would call your insurance company and ask them if it will be beneficial if you consult a lawyer. Being that you are young and if it is deemed your fault, or even half your fault, your insurance rates are probably going to increase substantially. And also they would have to have it on record when you called in he was threatening you. That might also be worth something.
You should not put out bad info. If you dont know what you are talking about, then refrain from stating BS and putting bad info out there. There are quite a few instances where there is no crash/police report taken.

Originally Posted by 07 Cervini
A police crash report was not made because the state of Texas does not want every accident that occurs in the state documented. There are specific guidelines that have to be met before a report is made. And even if a report is made, the officer's opinion in what caused the accident is not the final decision in what the insurance company rules on as who fault it was.

The officer was correct, it is a civil matter and it will probably come down to your word against the other driver's.
^^^ Good info sir.

Most states have similar requirements for crash reports to be taken. Most require a fatality, injuries to be present with either driver or passengers, a certain dollar amount of damage done to a vehicle or other property, or a citation issued to one or both drivers before a crash report is taken.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Ace, I think that the Boss looks really cool on your car.
But I have seen a few people be smart a** about it.
I think writing 3.7 would look pretty awesome.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:28 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Uh, so the accident happened Friday, and you got an insurance check on Saturday? What insurance company do you have? That is ridiculously quick.

Ditch the BOSS lettering, keep the stripe if you want, but no need being a poser.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:23 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

It is not uncommon for the insurance company to issue credit to the body shop fixing the car. It's not a check. If the car is in the shop already and the shop submits their paperwork to the insurance company with the claim number and repair order, the credit does exist to begin the authorized repairs.

I am not sure about what happens to the difference of the "check" but if there is anything left over, I believe that is when the insurance company issues a physical paper check for the difference made out to the claimant.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:29 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

If there's any mustang that shouldn't be posed upon its the Boss...not saying you're posing but I'm just saying. I think the "Ace" idea would be awesome and not only would you never hear about being a poser, you'd completely stand out from the crowd. It's your stang though so if you want to put Boss you should do it. You have a great looking stang as you've heard me say so many times before and i'm sure it will only get better. Sorry to hear about the accident, that guy sounds like a complete douche.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:31 AM
onegoal
Banned

That sucks. If someone hits my car I hope its like totaled. Then I can take the payout get me a 5.0!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:34 AM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

I should clarify, I like the stripe on your car, I just don't like the "boss". It would be like me putting a 5.0 badge on my car, or a snake emblem. I don't have a 5.0, nor do I have a GT500, you don't have a boss. It reminds me of people putting vtech decals and emblems on Hondas that don't even have vtech. Borderline rice.

Just my opinion though. Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:35 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
That sucks. If someone hits my car I hope its like totaled. Then I can take the payout get me a 5.0!