Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FML, the V6 is HURT.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:02 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
NO! Mudflaps on a mustang = terrible. They look out of place and trashy, IMO.
Yeah I feel you on that one bro, but these are actually tasteful.

What is your opinion, brother?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:03 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by smokinAMD
LOL, the GT500 "mudflaps" are hardly the type of mudflaps you are thinking of. It's more like a fender liner extension thats only about an in inch wide to help keep the wider GT500 tires from spraying water and rocks against the paint.
+1 the GT500 ones look fine. I actually thought about getting those. Getting tired of seeing spray all over the backside of the car.

Make sure to ask if there are any additional charges to the mods you want to do.

Since I had the left rear quarter window out, they wanted $86 for labor + paint $$ to do the right window for SHR louvers. I told them just to forget it because it can add up.

The damages shouldn't be too terrible to fix up. Just sucks getting into an accident.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:06 PM
smokinAMD
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I need to order a set of those flaps too.

But I need to do some work to my other car first before I spend money on stuff for the stang that's not critical.

I blame Sam Strano. Had he not had a sale on the konis, I wouldn't have bought new struts for my focus, ad I wouldn't have torn it apart and notice all the other misc. parts that need to be replaced.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:09 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Thank you sir! I tried to tell them that I was in law enforcement for 20 years but I guess they missed that part. Its all good and I hope that those who did not know about the law have now learned something.
I dont have 20 yet, but if I came to a scene and guy A says he got in someone's face and yelled and got punched for it, I'm gonna ask him "Who's the boob and what did you learn?"

Then I am gonna go to guy B who did the punching and ask him "Are those cuffs too tight?"
Old 02-13-2011, 10:10 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Well thankfully, my dad is good friends with the owner of the shop, so this new stuff won't be a problem at all. Plus he does cheap work with A+ quality.

Guys, do not purchase the 2010/2011 'mud' flaps, they do *not* have any functionality. I am only thinking about buying them because I kinda like the way they look.

Some dude put them on his car, and he still is getting mud on his rear end.

Last edited by theACE; 02-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:13 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluovalguy
I dont have 20 yet, but if I came to a scene and guy A says he got in someone's face and yelled and got punched for it, I'm gonna ask him "Who's the boob and what did you learn?"

Then I am gonna go to guy B who did the punching and ask him "Are those cuffs too tight?"
LOL! Ya I hear ya man. Stay safe brother, there are way too many crazes out there trying to make the "thin blue line" thinner.....
Old 02-13-2011, 10:15 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Cutter Wolf, are you a GT500 Super Snake or a regular GT with the SuperSnake body kit?

I ask because your signature has the Snake emblem with GT/SS on it, but I remember the Super Snakes spelling out the entire word Super Snake.

Either way beast car brother.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
No point turning something simple into a terrible nightmare. Especially if there were no witnesses.

That's the simple fact of life out there now. Don't touch anyone, ever.

I understand the logic, but if I'm in the right, with my clean record, I'll take the chance, especially if I'm in the right.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:16 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by theACE
Well thankfully, my dad is good friends with the owner of the shop, so this new stuff won't be a problem at all. Plus he does cheap work with A+ quality.

Guys, do not purchase the 2010/2011 'mud' flaps, they do *not* have any functionality. I am only thinking about buying them because I kinda like the way they look.

Some dude put them on his car, and he still is getting mud on his rear end.

I would say there is a little bit. The dirt doesn't start until right at the bottom of the flap, which means it functioned as well as it can given it's size (and at the end of the day isn't that what we all hope to do ). To stop it completely you would have to have a lower flap,
Old 02-13-2011, 10:19 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Hmm, true, I didn't think of it like that.

Search this Thread