Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loaded my emissions tune, got 4 codes. :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

You have to complete the 'drive cycle' and it's a crapshoot as to how long that will take. If you want to be 100% sure the codes are cleared pick up an actron scanner from autozone so you can check the readiness state yourself. They're handy to have if you live in an emissions county and plan to swap tunes to get stickered. The evap will clear if you keep the gas tank topped off during the drive cycle but you can have up to two (if I remember correctly) not ready's and still pass.

I doubt the non foulers or extenders are causing an issue but you can connect your SCT handheld to a laptop with SCT software and datalog the O2's to see if they're signaling.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Ah, nevermind I see you already have the actron. The codes should clear within two days of driving on the new tune. Brenspeed is pretty good with their tunes. AM kept sending me one that the O2's never cleared/became ready with. It's difficult with longtubes because the O2's are farther away depending on the location and the tune has to compensate. I would def suggest connnecting up a laptop and datalogging those O2's to make sure they're getting signal. That's what I did. Once I knew my rear O2's were getting signal then I went after the tuner and told them their tune was wrong. They argued with me about it so I went to brenspeed and theirs worked first shot.

You can also try doubling up the non-foulers to give you some headroom if the tune isn't spot on.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Kotobuki
3rd Gear Member

P0141 is Bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction
P2270 is Bank 1 Sensor 2 O2 Sensor Stuck Lean

I'm gonna say you may want to re-work the connections on your extensions, make sure they're good. Seems like that would account for both codes.

The rear O2 sensors would be more likely to give you a Catalyst inefficiency error, rather than a lean/rich error. And since the heater error applies to the same O2 sensor as the Lean error in this case, I'd bet it's the front sensor that you extended.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I didn't look up the codes but now that you mentioned it I had those exact same codes being thrown when an upstream o2 on my f150 was bad. Sounds like you nailed it kotobuki.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kotobuki

I'm gonna say you may want to re-work the connections on your extensions, make sure they're good. Seems like that would account for both codes.

The rear O2 sensors would be more likely to give you a Catalyst inefficiency error, rather than a lean/rich error. And since the heater error applies to the same O2 sensor as the Lean error in this case, I'd bet it's the front sensor that you extended.
I soldered the front 02 that I extended and never got a CEL out of it since I did it back in December. Wouldn't an upstream O2 be a Sensor 1 and not a Sensor 2?

I have some time this weekend so I'm going to remove the passenger side rear O2 (Bank 1, Sensor 2) and solder it up. I'm also going to attempt to repair an exhaust leak I have behind the cat. Hopefully these two things will fix it.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Yes, sorry didn't mean to confuse you. Those were the codes mine was throwing but sensor 1, not 2.

Bank 1 = drivers side
Bank 2 = passengers side
Sensor 1 = upstream
Sensor 2 = downstream
Old 02-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Yes, sorry didn't mean to confuse you. Those were the codes mine was throwing but sensor 1, not 2.

Bank 1 = drivers side
Bank 2 = passengers side
Sensor 1 = upstream
Sensor 2 = downstream
Bank 1 is driver's side? I thought it was passenger side????
Old 02-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kotobuki

Did you really mean front sensor?
Old 02-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Bank 1 is driver's side? I thought it was passenger side????
You may be right, I'm not certain. Whichever side has the #1 cylinder is bank one. On my truck it's driver side, the mustang may be different.

edit: You're right, it's passenger side.

Firewall
4 8
3 7
2 6
1 5
Radiator

Last edited by Rubrignitz; 02-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
Ah, nevermind I see you already have the actron. The codes should clear within two days of driving on the new tune. Brenspeed is pretty good with their tunes. AM kept sending me one that the O2's never cleared/became ready with. It's difficult with longtubes because the O2's are farther away depending on the location and the tune has to compensate. I would def suggest connnecting up a laptop and datalogging those O2's to make sure they're getting signal. That's what I did. Once I knew my rear O2's were getting signal then I went after the tuner and told them their tune was wrong. They argued with me about it so I went to brenspeed and theirs worked first shot.

You can also try doubling up the non-foulers to give you some headroom if the tune isn't spot on.
What should I look for in the data log?

Last edited by Bmr4life; 02-27-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Loaded my emissions tune, got 4 codes. :(