Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11 GT Fueling System/Transmission Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Peebz
1st Gear Member

Unhappy 11 GT Fueling System/Transmission Issues!

Issue #1
There is something between the fuel inlet and the gas tank that is making fuel kick off the pump... so about every .2 gallons of gas it pumps, it stops! I'm thinking it has to do with the vapor barrier or something...

Issue#2
Transmission is a b-word! haha I have a manual... 1-2 shift is clunky and so does 2-3 but then it gets the worst when I am accelerating harder than usual. 3rd gear just flat out won't even engage! And in the last 6-8 inches of my clutch pedal being disengaged, it flutters!

I have done some research on here about these issues and I have found a couple of things...
- Bolts on the Pressure Plate are stretching because of faulty parts from factory (CHINA!) which is making it hard for the clutch to engage and wearing out the synchros
- Wrong Trasmission Fluid from factory

I don't know if any of you are having these issues but if you could provide me with some insight/experience, I would appreciate it! I have an appointment on Thursday to take it in and I am hoping that this won't be too painful! I'd rather just pay the extra $1000 and get a 100% American made tranny!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

The fuel issue sounds a lot like the issue on the 05-10. There's a TSB on it for those. I'd have thought that Ford would have fixed that stupid saddle design by the '11's.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Wow.

How'd you figure out the wrong transmission fluid?
Old 02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
Peebz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
Wow.

How'd you figure out the wrong transmission fluid?
https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...l-shift-8.html

Here is the link... My car was made 5/10 I'm hoping the guy has some really good answers for me.

Once they fix it (whatever it is), I am going to replace the flimsy stock shifter for something a little more beefed up! The Barton Short Throw Shifter with Bracket should help keep the shifts a lot firmer and eliminate the 2-3 and 4-5 shifts from jamming/mis-shifting.

A lot of those problems lead to where I am now! The stock shifter/bracket are not made for aggressive driving!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:09 PM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

I think some of you replying mistook what he said in his post. He doesn't know those are his issues, he's just decided being illogical is more fun than actually thinking the issue through.

The transmission is made by Getrag, in one of their Chinese facilities. You do realize the transmission and the pressure plate are two different things, right? Judging by your post, eh, probably not. LOL IT'S MADE IN CHINA IT MUST SUCK
Old 02-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Peebz
1st Gear Member

Yes, I do realize that the pressure plate and the transmission are two different COMPONENTS but the pressure plate deals with the transmission so I include it as a part of it for argument sake. If the pressure plate isn't properly working it puts more stress on the transmission during shifts. That's why I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem to mine and could give me some insight on it.

Just trying to follow some leads.... If it is just those bolts that they are saying are "stretching", no big deal, they will be replaced. I have a feeling it is much more than that tho...
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ng-thread.html
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The tranny being from China has nothing do to on it being good or bad.
China does make some good products you know......

And guess what.... many components of that Mustang are not made in the U.S.
Better get busy replacing a shatload of parts then eh? lol.

yes there are tranny issues etc. but the china thing was just stupid.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM
Peebz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
The tranny being from China has nothing do to on it being good or bad.
China does make some good products you know......

And guess what.... many components of that Mustang are not made in the U.S.
Better get busy replacing a shatload of parts then eh? lol.

yes there are tranny issues etc. but the china thing was just stupid.
I agree with you, a lot of products that come out of China aren't all horrible but when companies outsource their production of products to countries like China, it usually means they are trying to save a buck.

Whenever you are building a product with cheaper labor its not going to always be the best product. And if you are cutting corners at cheaper labor it doesn't mean you are stopping there. That's why I'm worried about the hardware. I'm not going to go through my car and replace everything that says China on it but I would like the major components of my car to be the best of quality!

I heard there is an option now to get an American made tranny for $1000 extra! Wish I would have known that, it might have helped haha
Old 02-22-2011, 08:18 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Ehh I would say that it's fair to say that for the most part chinese product quality control could be worse than other nations.

That said, quality control blows in many nations lol.

Quick Reply: 11 GT Fueling System/Transmission Issues!