Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:31 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

so glad they went with the ford racing logo and not the boss one. Too bad they dont make matching rear upholstery, it woudl look like *** to have different front seats than back.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
so glad they went with the ford racing logo and not the boss one. Too bad they dont make matching rear upholstery, it woudl look like *** to have different front seats than back.
Probably wouldn't be too expensive to order the boss rear seat covers. The matching door panels I'm sure would be pricey though.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

lol, you ever priced upholstery from ford? the person i bought my 05 fron had smoked in it and burned the rear seat. the bottom section for the leather was $1200.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:52 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

lol, you ever priced upholstery from ford? the person i bought my 05 fron had smoked in it and burned the rear seat. the bottom section for the leather was $1200.
Hmmm.... I got a quote from Tousley Ford for a Set of Saddle leather Seat Bottoms. I figured I'd buy a spare since the bottoms tend to wrinkle and crack before the rest. Both seat bottoms were gonne be $350 ...

The back seat is vinyl so should be cheaper than leather. Or is the Boss cloth?
Old 02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
Hmmm.... I got a quote from Tousley Ford for a Set of Saddle leather Seat Bottoms. I figured I'd buy a spare since the bottoms tend to wrinkle and crack before the rest. Both seat bottoms were gonne be $350 ...

The back seat is vinyl so should be cheaper than leather. Or is the Boss cloth?
cloth i think on teh boss. i guess my local ford palce was just f'n price gouging me. they wanted $1200 for the bottom section of the rear seat alone. I love my premium interior, but i like those seats if you can get the cloth rear upholstery, I am interested assumign there is a way to kill that dash light from the airbags my car has in the seats. i woudl assuem it a programming thing.

Edit: LOL, those seats are from the laguna seca model, which has no back seat! no upholstery to be had i guess other than the normal boss 302, which is pretty close:

Last edited by ShaneM; 02-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:48 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

so nice! But why does it say " These seats are un-released at this point. Once Ford Racing establishes the pricing & availability for these we will update this item. " Or should I say... where did you find the pricing?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
07 Cervini
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by adidasUNT8
so nice! But why does it say " These seats are un-released at this point. Once Ford Racing establishes the pricing & availability for these we will update this item. " Or should I say... where did you find the pricing?
Thats odd.. the price was on there when I first posted the thread. I do know that Ford is not releasing the seats until the Boss Laguna Seca is officially on sale.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

theypulled the link shortly after this link started makign rounds, it was gone for a while yesterday with product not found page replacing. I woudl say someone hit the go button too early and the product wasnt supposed to be announced or priced yet.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

theypulled the link shortly after this link started makign rounds, it was gone for a while yesterday with product not found page replacing. I woudl say someone hit the go button too early and the product wasnt supposed to be announced or priced yet.
Can you say "OOPS!"
Whoever that FoMoCo marketing or website admin guy is must be in some serious trouble for publishing that info prematurely.

Oh well, I guess the wait continues
Old 02-23-2011, 10:03 PM
race77

I saw these Boss 302 seats in person at the Chicago Auto show last week. They are VERY nice. The seat I saw DID have airbags, not sure if you will be able to get them without. They also recline, the seat on display was a passenger seat, it had the same manual recline lever as the stock seats. I would say your not going to shed a whole lot of weight by switching to these seats if that's your main goal. I didn't get to sit in one of the display cars with the seats, the cars were locked up tight! But they are real sharp!

Quick Reply: Boss seats