Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose my mid-life crisis 'Stang

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 05:44 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Take your time looking for your car. There are lots of stangs out there for sale and coming for sale in the near future. You will find the perfect car for a great price. The new 2011s are sweet but for a lot less you can have a nice used GT and mod it to be as fast or faster than them.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

A Bullitt is awesome, and if you like the color go for it.
Can you buy pre painted parts from AM in the green color though?
Idk if it matters to you, but stuff like that might be worth looking into.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

My dealer still has some new '10 GT's at a great price, under 25K. I'd look for one of those...I bought my MLC almost 5 years ago...it has been a gentle reminder of that 40th birthday month after month after month... Its almost paid off then there will be more money for mods! woohoo!!
Old 02-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Keeping a Bullitt stock means not having to spend all that money and time devaluing your Mustang.

Unless you got a wad of $$$ in your pocket and it's burning a hole on your thigh in an attempt to get more money into our economy, keep it stock.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:17 PM
onegoal
Banned

IMO just get a 2011 GT. IT is plenty fast for the street and just add mufflers for louder sound and a tune and its ready to go.

I have a 2006 GT and it needs a bunch of mods to get it to respectable power that I prefer.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
IMO just get a 2011 GT. IT is plenty fast for the street and just add mufflers for louder sound and a tune and its ready to go.

I have a 2006 GT and it needs a bunch of mods to get it to respectable power that I prefer.
Or here is a bright idea: Why don't you take that $11,000 you have saved up and mod the hell out of your car?

I said it before in another thread, and I'll say it here too: With that so called $11,000 you claim you have, buy a 4.6L Aluminator crate engine and supercharger and you will stomp every single stock Coyote on the road today.

Or, here is another idea: If you just HAVE to have the Coyote, buy the Coyote 5.0L crate engine and pay to swap it into your '06.

And that fender you damaged from driving into your garage? take some of your $11K and have it fixed.

Now, why don't you do that? All of these options are still way cheaper than buying an '11 or '12 GT.

Or are you lying about the $11K you say you have?
Old 02-27-2011, 01:39 AM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Or here is a bright idea: Why don't you take that $11,000 you have saved up and mod the hell out of your car?

I said it before in another thread, and I'll say it here too: With that so called $11,000 you claim you have, buy a 4.6L Aluminator crate engine and supercharger and you will stomp every single stock Coyote on the road today.

Or, here is another idea: If you just HAVE to have the Coyote, buy the Coyote 5.0L crate engine and pay to swap it into your '06.

And that fender you damaged from driving into your garage? take some of your $11K and have it fixed.

Now, why don't you do that? All of these options are still way cheaper than buying an '11 or '12 GT.

Or are you lying about the $11K you say you have?
I read on here it is a pain to drop the 5.0 in another mustang and a SC just too much. I saw this because if my car is stolen or wrecked I lose all that cash. a 5.0 is fast enough in city driving for me. I do have more than that saved up but I dont want to blow it on a car.

My dad likes muscle cars so I was trying to talk him into getting a classic like a ss 454 or 455 GTO ram air, or a cobrajet but he wont. Said cause you cant use it for a daily driver and the gas he said on those cars would make you go broke.

Can you imagine a GTO judge me driving it? Id get tons of tickets lol.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Ignore onegoal, he is just trollin.
If you ignore him he will go back to OT where there is worse than him.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Tom, you are spewing S*** you have already said nearly a dozen times already in all you other posts and threads.
You are doing nothing but spamming your same broken record filth again. Why, Oh why are so incessant?

Originally Posted by onegoal
I read on here it is a pain to drop the 5.0 in another mustang and a SC just too much. I saw this because if my car is stolen or wrecked I lose all that cash. a 5.0 is fast enough in city driving for me. I do have more than that saved up but I dont want to blow it on a car.
An SC too much? Give it a rest! I told you in another thread an SC might be $3000-$4000, even less than that!

And remember in that other thread what we said? You can add the SC under your premium coverage!

My dad likes muscle cars so I was trying to talk him into getting a classic like a ss 454 or 455 GTO ram air, or a cobrajet but he wont. Said cause you cant use it for a daily driver and the gas he said on those cars would make you go broke.

Can you imagine a GTO judge me driving it? Id get tons of tickets lol.
You went on about getting a classic 60s-70s muscle in this thread, post #108:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...d-said-11.html

If your dad wants the classic muscle, and he buys it, LET HIM HAVE HIS DREAM CAR! You got your car, let your dad have his for once.

Remember what I said? Your dad wanted a muscle car, but you had to screw it up for him because you kept on nagging your parents until the broke down and bought you your '06 GT with the money he probably was saving up to buy his dream car. And now, you don't even want your '06 GT anymore.

Also, we can all see that you have obsession problems. When you want something so badly, a 5.0L Coyote in this case, you go on and on and on and on and on about it until we are all sick of hearing about it.
You really need to get some help and practice self-discipline in controlling your massive wants.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:17 AM
DFlanny

how do i make a post i cant figure it out

Quick Reply: Help me choose my mid-life crisis 'Stang