Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hood scoop or no hood scoop

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM
99horsey
2nd Gear Member

I think they look cool from the outside, but I wouldn't do it. When I test drove a couple cars that had them, it drove me nuts having to look at the thing. I'm sure I'd eventually get used to it and I know could live with having to look at it if it were functional, but to me it was an annoyance with no purpose...
Old 02-28-2011, 03:57 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
We have already had this discussion so why have it again.

Adding stuff to your car for looks, like paint, louvres, wheels, spoilers, etc. are fine becuase they do what they were meant to do. Not everything you add to your car needs to add hp. Adding parts that used to have function for looks crosses the line (for me) for being absolutely pointless. How would you feel about bolting on a huge fake blower out the top of my hood or the ricers that put a speaker under the hood that sounds like a turbo's BOV.
To each his own
Old 02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I can definitely understand why you would want to as it does add that nice mean look to our cars. It may not be functional but on your car it wouldn't be ricey either. It would probably even look good. Though I would never put one on mine just for the fact that I haven't found one I like that much. Now if only I had $1,600 to throw around, LOL.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:20 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The only hood scoop I like for our cars, is that Trufiber hood with that big *** hood scoop on it. I think its a B9 or B52 something hood scoop or something. It looks killer, and it's HUGE! Functional too, but it's fiber glass so it's a no no up here in freezing AK...
Old 02-28-2011, 05:45 PM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

ok so as promised here is the pictures. Here is where i stand, i am not worried about visibility, and i need to spend no more money cause i have it already, so it is simply the question, like it or no.

I will also be doing an update thread tonight. The car is not done yet. New stripes still being laid.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:49 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I think it looks good. Would look better if you put the black vinyl on the top part of the scoop. What's with the support rods on the chin?
Old 03-01-2011, 12:11 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Paint to match the stripes or get rid of it IMHO.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:48 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 08blackoutstang
ok so as promised here is the pictures. Here is where i stand, i am not worried about visibility, and i need to spend no more money cause i have it already, so it is simply the question, like it or no.

I will also be doing an update thread tonight. The car is not done yet. New stripes still being laid.

Looks really good actually because it does not have the black vents under neath like the factory hood scoop.. ditto on the matching strips.

Really compliments your GT~
Old 03-01-2011, 01:03 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

ya its a v6 , but ya i was planing on making it match the stripes, i am not nearly done with the stripes much more to come.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:05 AM
08blackoutstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by X3xMONGOOSEx3X
I think it looks good. Would look better if you put the black vinyl on the top part of the scoop. What's with the support rods on the chin?
i made that bumper haha. It is a v6 bumper with a 3d carbon air dam. I cut to pieces the stock v6 and paired it with the air damn, the splitter rods take all the sag out of the tip of the dam

Quick Reply: hood scoop or no hood scoop