Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

The guy wants it gone by monday, and the only way i could get it tomorrow is if he would meet me half way but hes not interestest in that so i have to pass on this. Which could work out to my advantage sence hes had no bids on the bumper yet. There will be more deals im sure. I only tried to jump on this cause thats an awesome looking bumper and it seemed like a fair price. But im looking at 100 dollors in gas to get there and back, another atlesate 100 in paint plus im sure another 100 in missing parts it might be easier to just buy the set up new if i want it that bad
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Wants it gone by Monday but not willing to help in the sale eh? What a douche.

Stage 3 Motorsports still offers free shipping
Old 03-05-2011, 08:22 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Wants it gone by Monday but not willing to help in the sale eh? What a douche.

Stage 3 Motorsports still offers free shipping
My uncle evne said he could paint it for me if i buy the supplies.

Its kind of funny as soon as i seen the bumper on ebay the first thing that came to my mind was your signature and how amazing both the cars in it look. lol
Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

FWIW, I bought mine, complete (but painted the wrong color), with everything I listed, for less than half of what that seller is asking. They do come up for sale.

Just be sure of all the other parts you'll be buying with it it. In the end, it's up to you.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpormen
Its kind of funny as soon as i seen the bumper on ebay the first thing that came to my mind was your signature and how amazing both the cars in it look. lol
Thanks! I do love the Roush design. They got it all right.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:41 PM
dnaman88

[QUOTE=tx_zstang;7446415]I installed one of these facias on my "v6", with foglights.
If it ONLY is the facia, it's not such a good deal IMO.

Here's what all you need to mount it and use it properly (including some of what others have posted):
- on the bottom, there is a black plastic bolt-on piece that runs the full width of the facia, and attaches to the bottom. This is CRITICAL for mounting and for firming up the bottom. Without it, the facia would flex and distort when installed.
- connecting to the above piece, you need a standard under-car radiator cover as provided stock on GT's.
- for the fender liners, the V6 liner is different from the Gt liner. The proper install is to obtain the front-half fender liners for a GT. You can also make fill-in pieces to secure the V6 liner to the roush facia. With a GT liner, the facia connects directly to it. (The fender liners are 2-piece halves in the wheel wells, a front and back piece; you just need the front half, for each side).
- the foam bumper support (under the facia) is made of 2 pieces, one bolts to the front of the bumper support (this is the same on GT/V6), and the other top piece interlocks with it to sit on top the bumper support. The V6 piece is a little thicker than the GT piece. You can either obtain the GT one or simply trim down the V6 piece you have. It's like a styrafoam piece, about a foot ling or so; there's a raised edge on the V6 one, and that raised thickness is not present on the GT one, so you can trim off that 1/2-1" and make it the same height as where it interlocks up front, and it's the right thickness.
- foglights, really make it nice. w/o them, the facia just isn't the same.
- the facia also comes with grill-like inserts for the smaller 4 vents (the smaller one on each side of the middle, and the 2 side vents). W/o those inserts, you'll have to provide something, it leave it open (ghetto).
- front grill: you'll need one. The v6 grill will not fit. Any GT grill will work. I'm using an 11-bar billet grill I obtained from MossMuscle.com.

- for foglight wiring, check other threads. I've posted details on how to do it, etc. I used a stock GT headlight switch (to make it OEM-like inside, and it only allows the fogs to be on if the parking lights or regular lights are on). You'll need a relay for the BEC, fuse, and some wiring mods to make it all work. If the foglights do not have the wiring connectors, I have a set of connectors I'm selling.

As far as mounting otherwise, it bolts in place of the stock facia very easily, using only the stock 6 bolts/nuts to hold it in place, except for the pieces I mentioned for properly securing it underneath.

Feel free to PM me or post here for additional questions.

tx_zstang

I ordered the Roush bumper for my V6, do yu know where and how much I can get the above parts you listed? Also, where can I find the wiring instructions for the fog lights for a v6?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 AM
copefan08

Originally Posted by tx_zstang

- connecting to the above piece, you need a standard under-car radiator cover as provided stock on GT's.

thanks for all the information, does the V6 not have this under car radiator cover? thanks
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM
Marky82
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by copefan08
thanks for all the information, does the V6 not have this under car radiator cover? thanks
No, V6's don't come with them. You'll need to buy it separately.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/lower-air...05-2009/p/AD4/

//mark
Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM
mfergel
2nd Gear Member

I got one that needs some work. As such I haven't installed it yet. Honestly, thinking about selling it. I just kind of feel without the side pieces it looks incomplete and I don't know anymore if I want to go that far into buying sides and getting those painted as well.

Mocked up.