2005 - 2014 MustangsDiscussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
SYNCCAM12 plug and play harness
MINICAM221 front camera
BARCAM221 night vision rear camera
Overall I would say I am satisfied. The kit is pricey but excellent quality and a true plug and play. However, the kit I received did not work right out of the box, (Ford changed something on the later build date 2011s with Sync). I had to deal with Coastal Etech's terrible customer service for 3 months before they finally sent 2 technicians to my place to work on updating the Lockpick for all 2011s.
As you can see in the video below everything is finally working.
Here are some install pictures:
1) First mounting the front camera:
I removed the front clip and drilled into then lower grille. I originally mounted the camera on the lower grille without removing the front clip with just zip-ties and double sided tape.
Front camera mounted with zip-ties and double sided tape:
Front clip off the car, camera drilled and mounted to lower grille:
2) Mounting the rear camera above the license plate.
3) Run the wires from the camera to the head unit.
4) Remove the screen and hard drive. By far the most difficult task. First problem is the shift ball on the 2010+ gt500s are held on with locktite, so you cannot remove the center console by hand. The second problem is there are 9 different connections on the back of the hard drive. Finally there is no slack in any of the wires!!
5) Lastly connect the lockpick wiring harness to the hard drive. Mount the lockpick, I mounted it behind the glove box using double sided tape. Connect the cameras using the supplied harnesses, I choose to solder the camera power connections rather then use the supplied crimp tubes.
4.10s, 285rwhp/297rwtq - SCT, "we suck so you don't have to"
¨Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.¨--Ben Franklin
2012 BOSS 302
1 of 67 (Car Cover, Floor Mats, No Recaros) #0614 of 3250 (Overall)
20x9 & 20x11 Gloss Black Forgrstar F14's l 255/35/20 & 305/30/20 Pirelli P-Zero Tires l Eibach Sportlines l BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar l MMD Hood Struts l Shorty Antenna (AntennaX.com) l Sound Pipe Delete (CoolTechLLC.com)
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor