Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 hitting the lots. Any deals on 2011s?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
In all neutrality, to answer the question, and being as objective as possible, for the 2011 GTs, no there are no deals on them except maybe a $1500 incentive off the sticker.

If you have A,D,X-plan and qualify as law enforcement and military service, you can get maybe an additional $3K off guaranteed.

Other than that, you will have to wait until August or September to get the dealers to offer additional incentives on top of the $1500 universal Ford incentive.

But as said above, since the 2011 and 2012 GTs are almost identical (except for variable electronic steering and color choice, and maybe a few other minor things), no, I personally don't see that big of incentives coming to the '11 GTs, even to move them off the lot.
to the op first, I don't want a base one. The interior is crap in them and doesn't have the full cluster, or the better stearing wheel.

My dad is a disabled vet, do they give military discounts for retired military also?
Old 03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
par3773

Honor your dad. You should be worrying more about doing good at your academics than worrying about looking good in a car. You need to set your priorities straight.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:45 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
to the op first, I don't want a base one. The interior is crap in them and doesn't have the full cluster, or the better stearing wheel.

My dad is a disabled vet, do they give military discounts for retired military also?
Originally Posted by par3773
Honor your dad. You should be worrying more about doing good at your academics than worrying about looking good in a car. You need to set your priorities straight.
Par is right. You need to skip getting a new car, live with you '06 GT, and finish school and get a career job.
By the time you graduate university, the 2014's will hit the lots and blow the doors off of any '11-'13 GT Coyote. You should have enough money saved up by then to buy a 2014 GT straight off the lot in cash, no payments whatsoever.

To your question about your dad being a veteran, disabled & retired, no. Ford I believe only gives the $750 military service incentive to active service personnel today.
Trust me, I am a veteran, and I tried to use my DD214 to get the military $750 discount.

Oh, and Tom, I really do not want to become negative about this, but if your post and your threads go back to the past trend of you wanting a 5.0L Coyote so badly again, I will report this thread and any other or you similar posts.

Right now, I am trying to ask politely; please, do not spill you 5.0L Coyote obsessions on us again.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:21 PM
onegoal
Banned

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Par is right. You need to skip getting a new car, live with you '06 GT, and finish school and get a career job.
By the time you graduate university, the 2014's will hit the lots and blow the doors off of any '11-'13 GT Coyote. You should have enough money saved up by then to buy a 2014 GT straight off the lot in cash, no payments whatsoever.

To your question about your dad being a veteran, disabled & retired, no. Ford I believe only gives the $750 military service incentive to active service personnel today.
Trust me, I am a veteran, and I tried to use my DD214 to get the military $750 discount.

Oh, and Tom, I really do not want to become negative about this, but if your post and your threads go back to the past trend of you wanting a 5.0L Coyote so badly again, I will report this thread and any other or you similar posts.

Right now, I am trying to ask politely; please, do not spill you 5.0L Coyote obsessions on us again.
Isn't the 2014 supposed to be redesigned?
Old 03-10-2011, 03:47 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Yes it is. Totally new body and chassis, but whatever version of the Coyote they put in it, it will still kick the '11-'13 Coyote's ***.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

I am sticking to my guns... even if the coyote reduced them to peashooters. The 05-09 is a timeless design, and will look good in the years to come. The 10-12's are very refined in comparison. I rode in a 2010, and it was very nice and quiet inside.

But, I do like the "rawness" of the 05-09's. Something the 10-12's have lost a bit imho. But the power they make... makes up for the most part...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Ok when you ask real questions, none of us have a problem answering them.
When you start with your **** about wanting to look good in a new car WE DON'T CARE.
Stop being an asshat.
Oh and if you like the Camaro so much and can only say negative things about Mustangs that is pretty irritating. Go join a Camaro fourm.
Also I wouldn't be replying if I was not bored and if this little jerk off wasn't fun to screw with.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Eldo In The Weeds

I am thinking that with gas prices going up, Mustang sales will go down and dealers will be more willing to make better deals. And with 2012's hitting the lot, then they may do even better deals on 2011's. I think it will take another 30 days of rising prices.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal

Before attending the "university" this fall, please get up to speed with your spelling, trade your S197 in and buy a camaro. kthanksbye.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:52 PM
onegoal
Banned

Why do people trash the new Camaro so much on here for?

Quick Reply: 2012 hitting the lots. Any deals on 2011s?