Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugly parking sticker issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:57 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Why would anyone want to steal a parking sticker?
Seems a little strange.
At my highschool we use the little hanging tags, and if you leave your window down, or you leave your car unlocked, it is likely to be gone pretty fast. Our parking lots are divided between sophomores, juniors, and seniors, so naturally the senior lot is very desirable. I snatched a blank one out of the office when no one was looking and made copies, because they are just printed on heavy stock paper, and made like 100 bucks selling them cheap.

The point is, any parking tag that designates you for a good space is very desirable (and in some cases, like my school, expensive (like $50 per semester)), and if you just leave it where anyone can ****** it, they will. And then some nice guy like me will come around selling fake tags for 5 bucks a piece lol.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:08 PM
lunyou
2nd Gear Member

How many security/parking guards are there? It might be easier to buy each of them a 12 pack and show them your permit. Make friends with them and they won't ticket you. Surely the company doesn't have real cops coming onto your lot to ticket "trespassers".
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
At my highschool we use the little hanging tags, and if you leave your window down, or you leave your car unlocked, it is likely to be gone pretty fast. Our parking lots are divided between sophomores, juniors, and seniors, so naturally the senior lot is very desirable. I snatched a blank one out of the office when no one was looking and made copies, because they are just printed on heavy stock paper, and made like 100 bucks selling them cheap.

The point is, any parking tag that designates you for a good space is very desirable (and in some cases, like my school, expensive (like $50 per semester)), and if you just leave it where anyone can ****** it, they will. And then some nice guy like me will come around selling fake tags for 5 bucks a piece lol.
what the hell kind of high school do you go to?? Lol. You have to pay to drive?
Do you go to a private high school? My college has parking tags that hang in the mirror, but even those are free. That's crazy...
Old 03-11-2011, 05:18 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Hell, all the colleges I went to, they charged no less than $75 each semester for a parking sticker/tag.

Today, with the dollar all jacked up because the Feds overprint money, parking fees have gone well above $100 per semester!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Boondoggie
1st Gear Member

Cut out a piece of posterboard into a shape you can hang on the rearview, and stick the sticker on that.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:51 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Why would anyone want to steal a parking sticker?
Seems a little strange.
So somebody that doesn't work there can use it!!
Old 03-11-2011, 08:10 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

what the hell kind of high school do you go to?? Lol. You have to pay to drive?
Do you go to a private high school? My college has parking tags that hang in the mirror, but even those are free. That's crazy...
A very money hungry one, even though it's in a pretty wealthy area. I think the average income around here is in the mid 200Ks to the low 300Ks. And no, it's not private.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 PM
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Laminate the sticker and attach a small suction cup(with a small hook). That way it goes in and out with ease and no sticky residue. It may just be hanging in the back window and not stuck to it, but damnit, it's there!!! I did this with my college parking sticker.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bigblue95z
Laminate the sticker and attach a small suction cup(with a small hook). That way it goes in and out with ease and no sticky residue. It may just be hanging in the back window and not stuck to it, but damnit, it's there!!! I did this with my college parking sticker.
Thats actually pretty clever
Old 03-11-2011, 07:10 PM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

Attach it to the visor and flip it down for parking.

Quick Reply: Ugly parking sticker issue