Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Video of the Boss 302S in action!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 09:40 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5 Dot 0
Don't worry, (talking to myself) there's always someone smarter, better looking, with more money, and more **** than me.
hahaha ; )
Old 03-12-2011, 07:06 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Don't get me wrong. This version of the track Boss totally rips straight from the factory. But the price mostly reflects the exclusivity factor; only 50 being made.

I personally am not one for the exclusivity factor and thus am not willing to pay $80K for this trim of the Boss.
This reply is not just for Jim5.0, but I don't want to quote a lot people.

Did you guys hate on the FR500S like this? It's price was EXACTLY THE SAME as this 302s, yet it was only based the standard GT. This 302s is based on a ~$44k version of the mustang. Its a bargain compared to what its replacing.

I also don't think you all understand the difference between a factory built race car and a street car. If you did, you would not be comparing the 302S to ANY street legal mustang (gt500, regular 302, GT, etc) when considering which one to buy. Sure you can compare performance and how you could beat one with mods, but you would never get a chance to race one because you didn't buy a race car.

I suggest you all read up on the Mustang Challenge. I watched every episode/race, it was awesome. People that buy this car are true racers. Their trailers are semi trucks and they have $150k+ annual racing budgets.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 03-12-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:26 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Glad you guys matured a bit with your posting because this thread didn't look too good at one point and you don't want to make Demon mad.

Bmr4life is right...
The 302S is a factory race car that is replacing the 500C in its ability so it's a REAL bargain indeed and no GT will equals this thing unless you install the same components, re-inforce the body shell seams and weld a 6 point roll cage with the correct thickness etc...
In the end, you will invest about the same amount of cash in it and you won't find a class to race it to if you choose to do so, since it won't be SCCA approved.

Just for fun... Fikse wheels: $1000 a piece, coil over dampers:$1000 a piece etc...
Ain't cheap to race.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:55 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bmr4life
This reply is not just for Jim5.0, but I don't want to quote a lot people.

Did you guys hate on the FR500S like this? It's price was EXACTLY THE SAME as this 302s, yet it was only based the standard GT. This 302s is based on a ~$44k version of the mustang. Its a bargain compared to what its replacing.

I also don't think you all understand the difference between a factory built race car and a street car. If you did, you would not be comparing the 302S to ANY street legal mustang (gt500, regular 302, GT, etc) when considering which one to buy. Sure you can compare performance and how you could beat one with mods, but you would never get a chance to race one because you didn't buy a race car.

I suggest you all read up on the Mustang Challenge. I watched every episode/race, it was awesome. People that buy this car are true racers. Their trailers are semi trucks and they have $150k+ annual racing budgets.
No, I understand, and I don't take the reply as pointed just at me.

I do think the FR500 was hated on initially because of the sticker shock. And you are right, very few of us know exactly just what is in a full-on off-road track only factory built race car. As for full on ***** to the wall race cars, many of us have the impression of a totally stripped down chassis with just an shell over an engine and tranny, like NASCAR oval racers, or top fuel drag rails. Something more intermediate, that retains much more of the streetable stuff (i.e. complete body, not just a fiberglass shell) tends to defy our minds (at least my mind).
Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Stockstangs
1st Gear Member

Regular boss 0-60 4 seconds flat. My Coyote is fast, but not that fast. I hope they come up with a tune like the track key mod. 0 -60 would be hard to get on my GT by just adding the intake,exhaust and program. I may be wrong here- but doesn't the boss have some different internals? Such as cams and reinforced internals? I think either way GT, 500, or Boss Ford is on the mark with these cars. For the price I don't know of many cars that will do 0-60 in 4 seconds. Alot of cars double the price won't. Either way I still love my Coyote!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:17 AM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Here's a couple videos of a Boss 302R. There are some differences compared to the 302s but they are more alike than not. Note things like brakes, suspension, electronic dash etc. Also note in the Continental Tire race series you are not allowed to run a front splitter on any car and the Mustang teams received permission to run the Steeda wing from the 05-09 Mustangs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SorZAwu60ks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShK3fSWWbSA