Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

15% ethanol fuel coming this summer, what about tunes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:26 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I am not saying this to any specific member, I am saying this as an announcement to everyone who happens upon this thread.

The time to stop whining and start taking action is now. Vote those gawdamn fanatical green hippie politicians out of office. Look what happened to Cali? Too many green fanatical hippies infiltrated their congress and F***ed up their state!

Do not get me wrong; I am an environmentalist to a degree, but I am much more moderate and I do have a passion for cars.
The fanatical green hippies are just that: fanatics, even to the point of terrorism at times (sabotaging factories and equipment, vandalizing properties of companies that are thought to be pollutionists, etc.)

The fanatics must get out of office, and the only way that will happen is if we vote those asshats out. I o not mind an environmentalist in office, so long as he/she is a practically minded person and knows how to make compromises and wise changes without sacrificing from either end unsafely.
Yes, but please stop calling them hippies. They are not.

Will the stations say that there is 15% ethanol or will it be a guessing game? I'd like to avoid the new gas if possible.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 AM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Yes, but please stop calling them hippies. They are not.

Will the stations say that there is 15% ethanol or will it be a guessing game? I'd like to avoid the new gas if possible.
Since the people now in power are 40+ yrs old, the hippie generation is there as well. So hippies it is. Like it or not. It's just a term used to describe a mindset. I prefer tree-huggers, or enviromental ****'s.

Pump markings will be dependant upon state regulations. Unless the EPA stipulates it.

Last edited by SCCAGT; 03-15-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

i just dont understand how they want to do this and kill MPG while at the same time theyre pushing for manufacturers to make cars that have a better MPG
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

I'll give you a hint, it might be because they have no idea what they are talking about. It has been proven that it is far less efficient to produce ethanol, it kills fuel efficiency, it kills the components of the car it comes in contact with, and for what exactly? That we use 2% less foreign oil? If we used that land to grow something else we could sell that instead and reduce our trades deficit, but that would make too much sense.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
I'll give you a hint, it might be because they have no idea what they are talking about.
pretty much what i figured lol
Old 03-15-2011, 12:06 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I think this forum is becoming a ground of political argument lol.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Do yourselves a favor and google "ethanol myths". Read a few articles and educate yourselves. It isn't as bad as some people want to make it seem.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

This forum is becoming a ground for political arguement but it isnt our fault. We have a bunch of people in office who believe that they are untouchable that their actions dont apply to them. This country is going to crap if someone doesnt get the BS jokers out of there. I not talking about one party or another, I am talking about all of them.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:40 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
I'll give you a hint, it might be because they have no idea what they are talking about. It has been proven that it is far less efficient to produce ethanol, it kills fuel efficiency, it kills the components of the car it comes in contact with, and for what exactly? That we use 2% less foreign oil? If we used that land to grow something else we could sell that instead and reduce our trades deficit, but that would make too much sense.
I did some research for a collaborative semester long paper a year or so ago and used a ton of objective sources and interviewed an Orange County (Orlando,FL) EPA official and have come across these general facts:

1) There is no "clean" fuel
2) It uses more energy to produce and transport ethanol than the ethanol provides
3) It DESTROYS fuel efficiency.

If I can find those sources on my hard drive I'll post them here.

We should be spending less time pursuing higher ethanol percentages in our gasoline and start focusing that elsewhere (hydrogen, electric, hydraulic, etc).

Is no one standing up for motoring enthusiasts in Washington? Can you imagine a world where every classic car (Pre '00 it looks like?) can't run and must be pushed everywhere because there is absolutely no gasoline blends that they can run on without corroding fuel lines? Or what about part-matching classics, having to either have their fuel systems replaced by aftermarket systems that can handle the higher blend of ethanol or sit in a garage for the rest of their lives?

Better yet, why can't we resume drilling in the gulf with more safety regulations to reduce our dependence on foreign oil or perhaps open up a few more refineries to alleviate cost?

Ridiculous.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
WV2000GT
1st Gear Member

I just bought another supercharger after having to sell mine last summer before even installing it. Gas prices have soared and now the talk of adding more ethanol? Thats bad luck! I've noticed that Speedway gas in my area is 10% ethanol, thats probably why its 92 octane and everyone else is 93. I stopped using it when I tuned my car.

Quick Reply: 15% ethanol fuel coming this summer, what about tunes?