Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-14-2011, 01:14 PM   #1
Masud

Question Custom dual conversion or Pypes kit (Americanmuscle.com)

So I contacted a local muffler shop. And they said they'll do a complete dual conversion on my car for around $500. Problem is that I'm not very experienced with dual exhaust conversions and how they work, so I would like some of your wise wisdom

Basically what I want is a very nice sounding exhaust. All about that nice rumble.

1.)Here's the pypes v6 conversion kit link: http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-...l-catback.html
-$474+$250 installation
-The type of muffler they use isn't specified(unless I'm blind)

2.) Now, will it be better off for me to get a custom dual exhaust done and put in my own choice of mufflers? From what I know, it's the type of muffler you have that determines what kind of "sound" you get, correct?

-If (2) is true, than would you guys have any recommendations of mufflers? And is there any difference from the kit vs custom conversion? Like the sound and such.

Thanks guy! <3 u all
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Masud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Masud

anyone know?
Masud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
StangRob

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang Convertible

I will also like to know.... I just got a 1999 3.8 would like to put dual exhaust... Any help on how to go about doing it and have it look and sound good would be appreciated .. ThankS
StangRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #4
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang V6

I have the Pypes kit on my 07 v6. It sounds good to me through the whole powerband and I've gotten several complements on it. The mufflers used are Ford Mustang GT takeoffs. I love AM, but if you look on newtakeoff.com you can find the kit for a lot cheaper than AM, but idk if shipping will make up that difference or not.

Peshields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
StangRob

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang Convertible
Default Some help would be appreciated.

I have a 1999 v6 I want to get duals for two reasons for looks and a little sound nothing crazy where I can't hear myself talk. I know someone selling his complete exhaust from his gt. My question is do I need to change my cats for the gt cats? Also should I use a h pipe or should I run them separate? Can someone please help... Like I said I'm doing duals for looks and sound but I don't want it really really loud just nice sound and I don't want to lose power I don't mind if I don't gain power but I don't want to lose power... Thanks
StangRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:08 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 2005, 2011, bumpers, conversion, custom, dual, exhaust, fit, installing, kit, mustang, parts, pypes, v6