Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stangless again

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 05:40 PM
onegoal
Banned

Why didn't you get a Corvette instead? They get good gas milelage. Better than the 2011 Mustang GT.
Old 03-15-2011, 05:53 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Probably because he lives at 7000' and is sick and tired of naturally aspirated cars. Unless he gets the ZR1 they aren't supercharged.. And the ZR1 is gonna be a bit spendy.

A base C6 will feel *significantly* slower at 7000' than it does at sea level. Not just noticeable but grab you by the *** where the hell did the power go noticeable.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:30 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
Why didn't you get a Corvette instead? They get good gas milelage. Better than the 2011 Mustang GT.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onegoal
lol, really man? I mean, you REALLY just asked that? I'm not sure why I'm going to justify that with a response, but I will, because clearly, I'm dumb. For one, the Corvette is DOUBLE the price. Doesn't really help in saving money on fuel does it? Also, its only going to get 1/2 the mileage of what the Mini can. I've wanted a Corvette for a long time, and I will eventually get one... but I'll do it when it makes sense to do so. I've worked my *** off for everything I've ever had, so I guess perhaps thats where this statement looks totally off the wall. If I had rich parents willing to "give me ****" for free, maybe I'd have a different outlook...

Thanks guys, I'll still hang around and will post some pics. This will be a neat toy to have for a while, and save some money on gas as well. I really think 10 years from now, regardless of whether a car like this is "your thing" or not... that you're not going to be able to buy these V8s anymore. The tides are changing, and I think these V8 ponycars and muscle cars are eventually going to disappear. If gas really does hit $5/gallon and stays there, I'm betting most of us wouldn't even be able to operate a car like the Mustang on a daily driver basis from a raw cost perspective. Theres a reason why they drive around in little tiny cars in Europe, and its not because they want to... its largely because gas is $6/gallon.

Last edited by Mudflap; 03-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:30 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Nobody better NOT giving you schit about the Mini, especially douchebags with only one goal!
Anyway, it's a cool car and a blast to drive indeed, the wife wants one and I know we'll get one eventually, lol.

We enjoyed you Mudflap, you take care man.
Old 03-15-2011, 08:41 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Nobody better NOT giving you schit about the Mini, especially douchebags with only one goal!
Anyway, it's a cool car and a blast to drive indeed, the wife wants one and I know we'll get one eventually, lol.

We enjoyed you Mudflap, you take care man.
So you're saying we should all give him schit about the mini? lol
Old 03-15-2011, 08:52 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by pdonket
So you're saying we should all give him schit about the mini? lol
Come on man, you making fun of me French??
Old 03-15-2011, 09:12 PM
SchneidyP4.6
2nd Gear Member

Just wondering what options your 2010 had, I'm debating on trading mine in but I'm sure the dealer is going to low-ball me because it's just a 4.6
Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by SchneidyP4.6
....I'm debating on trading mine in but I'm sure the dealer is going to low-ball me because it's just a 4.6
Sell your car to onegoal...
Put the 5.0 badges on it, he won't know the ******* difference.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SchneidyP4.6
Just wondering what options your 2010 had, I'm debating on trading mine in but I'm sure the dealer is going to low-ball me because it's just a 4.6
Mine was just a plain 'ol deluxe with an automatic. I had a set of black Saleen knock-offs on there, some mufflers and decals was all... none of which had any impact on the trade-in. I think the fact that it was basically brand new having only 1900~ miles was mostly why I got so much for it.

I'll still lurk around here pascal. This sites been on my "surf list" for 4 years, so old habits die hard. I may end up with another stang someday, who knows. I'm a fan nonetheless...

The funny thing is the woman has been looking for a new car as well. I think theres probably a 50/50 chance we may be bringing home a Cooper Clubman as well in the near future. You just can't beat the things for a mix of fun/fuel efficiency/coolness/price...

Quick Reply: Stangless again