Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang owners rock!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 11:26 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I have found most people that I have come across are understanding of why I am so protective...I have had a couple of issues with someone just trying to "knocking people off the high horse"...so I wait for them and see what their problem is...and I give them my little explanation...and if they still are being jerks...I let them know I have also been bodybuilding and training for over 30 yrs...If they wish to have a violent reaction...I will certainly be happy to accommodate them...
I'm a little surprised people come up and talk to you about it. I figured more like coming back and finding the car keyed or damaged in some way. Vandalize and run type of deal.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Peshields
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
^hahahah! amiriteoramiriteriterite! hahah...I love walking out and seeing a mustang parked next to me and I love the fact that everyone that drives a mustang waves at you as you drive by them, no matter where you are! It's a great group to be a part of and I'm glad I get to experience it!
This is indeed a pretty good feeling. I first felt it when I had my first motorcycle, a little Honda 400. No matter what bike you are on, everyone on 2 wheels waves as you ride by them. except for maybe the Harley guys, but a lot of them started out where I was and wave too!

Then, you get hit by a car....
Old 03-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I'm a little surprised people come up and talk to you about it. I figured more like coming back and finding the car keyed or damaged in some way. Vandalize and run type of deal.

I dont drive them anywhere I will be away for more then a few mins...I have a beater Toyota pickup that gets the majority of the parking lot duties...most experiences are positive...a lot of people just wanting to look at the Snake...but just enough negative
to make sure I am always on my guard...
Old 03-19-2011, 11:49 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I dont drive them anywhere I will be away for more then a few mins...I have a beater Toyota pickup that gets the majority of the parking lot duties...most experiences are positive...a lot of people just wanting to look at the Snake...but just enough negative
to make sure I am always on my guard...
You got one of those viper alarms? My dad had one put on his car when he bought it (suburb kids are azzholes sometimes) and it has an alarm when anyone with out the key fob gets closer than like 1ft.

It does startle people, but to this day no one has messed with the car even in the slightest- although it did cost a small fortune to have it installed I think for a car like yours it is a must if you do not already have one!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
You got one of those viper alarms? My dad had one put on his car when he bought it (suburb kids are azzholes sometimes) and it has an alarm when anyone with out the key fob gets closer than like 1ft.

It does startle people, but to this day no one has messed with the car even in the slightest- although it did cost a small fortune to have it installed I think for a car like yours it is a must if you do not already have one!
I just need to mount one of these in the trunk...when someone gets close..it pops up and puts a red dot on you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp705...eature=related
Old 03-19-2011, 12:25 PM
S197winstang
3rd Gear Member

Amen to all responses!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:31 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I just need to mount one of these in the trunk...when someone gets close..it pops up and puts a red dot on you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp705...eature=related
LOL, definitely a cool mod! They got color choices?
Old 03-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Pulls a lot of attention to your car. May not be "selfish" since you're far out but people will think "hey, look at that douche. He's a show off taking up all those spots. Think's he's better than everyone else". There are plenty of people out there in the world that wouldn't mind knocking people off the high horse.
Very well stated. I would never damage anyones car but my reaction is something like "what does he think he's driving a Ferrari". Personally I will find a curb side island spot as they seem to be wider spots and getting to show very early allows me to do this. I have a retireed friend who also shows up early and parks next to me leaving lots of room so I can relax for the afternoon. As far as taking the car to a mall or for that matter anywhere a car can park beside me, not a chance never nada nope. It just wont happen. The car is 25 months old and has exactly ZERO rock chips door dings etc and I am going to keep it that way.

Last edited by Snakebite64; 03-19-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:13 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
Very well stated. I would never damage anyones car but my reaction is something like "what does he think he's driving a Ferrari". Personally I will find a curb side island spot as they seem to be wider spots and getting to show very early allows me to do this. I have a retireed friend who also shows up early and parks next to me leaving lots of room so I can relax for the afternoon. As far as taking the car to a mall or for that matter anywhere a car can park beside me, not a chance never nada nope. It just wont happen. The car is 25 months old and has exactly ZERO rock chips door dings etc and I am going to keep it that way.
I don't drive a Ferrari, but to a 16 year old kid, my car is a Ferrari.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I usually park far away, but don't usually take up multiple spaces. Now sometimes I do park ****ty, but oh well no one was going to park that far out anyway.
And like Ace said, yeah it may not be a Ferrari, but I know I love my car just as much as any Ferrari owner. However I do think taking up three parking places is just asking for someone to hurt your car.

Quick Reply: Mustang owners rock!!!