Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RTR vs TSW nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:29 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I was contemplating on those 2 for months!! Literally, ask a few people on here lol. I ended up going with the TSW's because 1 they are lighter, 2 I was able to go staggered, and 3 they dont stick out AT ALL. I am very happy with my setups and wouldnt trade it for anything else.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

wow, those Drag DR-37's are nice. Not quite like the RTR (8 spoke vs. 7 spoke), but the finish is close, which is what I like about the RTR over the nurburgrings.

Man this is a tough call...

I like the LOOK of the RTR better, but the fitment of the TSW.

Last edited by NightMare_12GT; 03-19-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FSTBLK
wow, those Drag DR-37's are nice. Not quite like the RTR (8 spoke vs. 7 spoke), but the finish is close, which is what I like about the RTR over the nurburgrings.

Man this is a tough call...

I like the LOOK of the RTR better, but the fitment of the TSW.

Nothing will make your head hurt like deciding on which wheels to buy. It was my toughest decison. Those Drag DRs are amazing and they will fit perfectly. Fitment is key IMO, otherwise everytime you look at your car you might be seeing that they really dont fit that good, and that would suck after spending 2 large!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

God, I stressed over this decision for months, if not a year! I ended up ordering a set of RTR's yesterday. I have seen no evidence of rubbing with 275's and have seen this setup in person at SEMA and have collected more than 50 photos from posts all over. Also, the rears don't stick out with 275's, even though it often may look look they do in some photos. They are right there, but not past the lip.

The reason I went with the RTR's over the TSW's came down to depth and finish. The RTR wasn't as flat in shape and a more interesting color.....seems to pick up light in the finish somehow. This is jusy my opinion and could live just fine with TSW's as well....a beautiful wheel! And lightweight. Anyway, best of luck in your decision. BTW, RTR's are back-ordered.

Last edited by crescent_wrench; 03-20-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

At this point, im trying to decide if I like the 8 spoke version (DR37) better than the TSW or RTR. They are $350 cheaper for the set, so thats a nice plus (and they fit perfect). Anyone know how much they weigh? I saw 28lbs somewhere i think, which would be 2 lbs heavier than even the RTRs. Here is a rundown of my opinions of these three wheels compared to each other

TSW-

- PROS: lightweight, fitment
- CONS: cost, flat face (no depth), finish
DR37
- PROS: cost, fitment, finish
- CONS: weight, 8 spoke design
RTR
- PROS: looks, finish
- CONS: potential fitment, cost
Old 03-20-2011, 03:50 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

At this point, im trying to decide if I like the 8 spoke version (DR37) better than the TSW or RTR. They are $350 cheaper for the set, so thats a nice plus (and they fit perfect). Anyone know how much they weigh? I saw 28lbs somewhere i think, which would be 2 lbs heavier than even the RTRs. Here is a rundown of my opinions of these three wheels compared to each other

TSW-

- PROS: lightweight, fitment
- CONS: cost, flat face (no depth), finish
DR37
- PROS: cost, fitment, finish
- CONS: weight, 8 spoke design
RTR
- PROS: looks, finish
- CONS: potential fitment, cost
9.5 and wider TSWs have some concave to them, not as much as the RTRs, but they aren't flat like the 9" and narrower versions. I have 9" front and 9.5" rears and there is a noticeable difference.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:49 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

good to know. thanks shane. care to throw up some pics showing that depth? Im sure you've put them up somewhere before...
Old 03-20-2011, 05:31 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

good to know. thanks shane. care to throw up some pics showing that depth? Im sure you've put them up somewhere before...
it's very hard to tell in pics, but here is the thread. it's more noticible in person. liek i said, not nearly as much as the RTRs.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...installed.html
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 PM
NightMare_12GT
1st Gear Member

I think right now my choices are RTR, DR37, and TSW in that order. At this point its getting to the EXTREME particulars that separate these wheels.

I'd like to see more pictures of the RTRs in this EXACT setup (275/35/19 tire, lowered if possible). I dont care about any other pictures of RTRs. I can google as good as anyone else if I wanna see generic pictures.

Would also like to see more pictures of the 19" DR37's bolted up on the car (a lot more difficult because they arent nearly as popular).

right now my issue with the RTR is potential fitment (and sorta the price, since the DR37s are so much cheaper with a very similar look). My issue with the DR37 is the 8 spoke design and the depth (although they have more depth than the TSW). Thats what I'm really drawn to about the RTRs is the curve of the spokes and the depth of the wheel. Lots more 3D than the TSW for instance.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:50 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Here are some more pics of my TSW's to give you a better idea. It helps looking at more pics on other cars to give you a better idea.

Quick Reply: RTR vs TSW nurburgring