Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boss 302 fever...can't resist...help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Slow_Lane

I say do it. I have always been a pay cash for your toys kind of guy. I am waiting for the 2013 to hopefully get a grabber green if the rumors are true. So will be ordering one later this year. I had about 9 grand saved up for a 69-70 fast back to go with the 67 and just mailed that check to Bank of America to pay off the wifes van and she says we are a go with the Boss. I will hate the payment for 3 years but it will be so worth it. DO IT ALREADY!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2011, 09:46 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

How about you swap cars with me? Yes?

seriously though, if I had the money laying around I would definitely take that 10 GT off your hands....
Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Your car is absolutely AMAZING! That being said...trade it in and get the BOSS! I can't imagine you'd regret doing that! I mean, how could you!? It's a freakin' BOSS! haha
Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

Old 03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

We are all car guys....know one here is going to talk you out of it but, we will encourage you to buy!!

Will it hurt or alter your life style for the worse: if no, then buy - if yes, don't buy!!

I attached a nice E-bay Add that's 5K over MSRP ready for delivery!!

Buy it now: US $48,465.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-...#ht_500wt_1182

Last edited by daredevil95; 03-21-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:07 AM
GTjoe49
2nd Gear Member

If it's within reach, grab it!

What's the down side? You'll have a cool car that everyone stares at? A car that is track ready and a blast to drive? A car that will have most of us drooling and begging for photos?

For a $100 a month? Where do I sign...
Old 03-22-2011, 08:20 AM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Just saw my first one out on the street here in Cincinnati. If it's not going to turn your finances upside down go for it! If you don't plan on keeping it, resale value will probably be awesome on these things.

Call me when you're done with it!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 AM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlackBetty
Just saw my first one out on the street here in Cincinnati. If it's not going to turn your finances upside down go for it! If you don't plan on keeping it, resale value will probably be awesome on these things.

Call me when you're done with it!
Shane, I was sorta in the same positiona s you (not upgrading to the boss, but upgrading to a 5.0) and I went to the dealership, filled out all the paperwork, and was about to sign, when I decided not to.

In your case, Just remember, you love to modify your cars and a boss mustang is one to where people are looking to collect the car in its original state. If I were you, I would just buy the Boss and mod the hell out of it, but if you are planning on making it a garage queen (which I doubt you are), I would just keep your current car or upgrade to a premium 5.0.

On a side note, I have yet to see a boss rolling on the streets here in cincy, but I will keep my eyes peeled!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i don't do garage queens I'm torn really. I am going to talk to the sales man, probably order the car if they don't want money down. And see what they will do when it rolls in. I would like the Boss, but right now i love my car and if they don't get right with the Boss and offer me a decent price on my trade i will walk. It's not a money thing as much as it is that I really like my car. the boss has just been calling to me. the power is right there with what i have right now, I know it will be fun. Plus a boss with one of those new matte black paxtons under the hood give me a chubbie just thinking about it. after seriously considering ths for a week or more now, i will probably stop modding on my car and put the mod funds towards a down payment. if they wont deal i can wait for the 13 Boss and go for it then.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:42 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I feel same way about that Competition orange..Hell if they made that in the regular GT it would tempt me I like the color so much.

Quick Reply: Boss 302 fever...can't resist...help!