Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning your Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 07:26 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I used rain-x glass cleaner today.
It seemed to work great on the outside. I didn't read the label so I don't know if its ok to use on the inside.
OP, make sure you use ammonia free glass cleaner on the inside if you have tint.
Ammonia will turn your tint purple.
Thanks Tanner, I've got rain-x as well and it does work great on the outside and really performs as advertised. I should've been more specific: my streaks are occurring on the windshield from the inside surface. I've tried windex, rain-x, armorall glass wipes (garbage btw), and a few others. Each I've tried with paper towels, newspaper, and microfiber towels (don't know why, just thought I'd give it a go...) with similar results.

As for the wax... looks like I need to start checking the local auto stores for Adams products seeing how highly revered they are.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:28 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

The best way i use to clean off the streaks left by glass cleaners is just to wipe down the window after it dries with a clean microfiber towel.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:41 AM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
this is what i use
What a collection... DO want.

You should stop by the detailing section of the forums and also use the search there. I learned a lot just looking around that section. Like most things, there are soooo many different ways to wash, detail ect...

Last edited by adidas04; 03-25-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:45 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I do my own cleaning and detailing on the cars. I have tried a little bit of everything, but I tend to like Meguiar's products. I have used some really high end products, but I tend to come back to Meguiar's. I also like some things made by Rain-X and Turtle (window cleaner, bug remover). I use interior detail spray on the hardware inside and leather protectant on the seats. I scrub the carpet and floor mats with upholstery cleaner, but I forget who makes it. Outside I use Mequiar's Gold Class car shampoo. I dry the car and use wax-as-you-dry by Eagle (smells sooo good).

The only thing I stay away from completely is Armor-All products.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:53 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SaddleUp
I do my own cleaning and detailing on the cars. I have tried a little bit of everything, but I tend to like Meguiar's products. I have used some really high end products, but I tend to come back to Meguiar's. I also like some things made by Rain-X and Turtle (window cleaner, bug remover). I use interior detail spray on the hardware inside and leather protectant on the seats. I scrub the carpet and floor mats with upholstery cleaner, but I forget who makes it. Outside I use Mequiar's Gold Class car shampoo. I dry the car and use wax-as-you-dry by Eagle (smells sooo good).

The only thing I stay away from completely is Armor-All products.
yes...thumbs down to the greasy company lol
Old 03-25-2011, 09:07 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I hand wash my car with car soap only. Be sure NOT to use dish detergant, it can wear away the clear coat. I start at the top and work my way down the car. I use a mit for the top of car and a mit for the bottom half of the car. I use an old rag for the wheels.
I also use a polisher/buffer to polish and wax. It makes the job go a lot quicker!
Vinylex is a great product for interior and exterior vinyl! The shine stays a lot longer than other products I have used in the past. I get mine at Pep boys.
I spray on Black magic tire shine and then wipe off with a paper towel to reduce streaking.
**** this helps!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 03-25-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:11 AM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

100% Zaino. Never heard of Adams until I read this thread.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:13 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Vinylex is a great product for interior and exterior vinyl! The shine stays a lot longer than other products I have used in the past. I get mine at Pep boys.
Nothing beats ultima Tire and trim guard plus for exterior trim. it takes months for it to wash off and has a very nice finish to it..plus a little goes A LONG way
Their interior guard plus is also probably the best out there as well.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:16 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
Nothing beats ultima Tire and trim guard plus for exterior trim. it takes months for it to wash off and has a very nice finish to it..plus a little goes A LONG way
Their interior guard plus is also probably the best out there as well.
Cool, I'll need to look into it!
For the price $9.99, Vinylex does a good job. ;-)
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:23 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dcarlinf1
100% Zaino. Never heard of Adams until I read this thread.
Another plug for Zaino.....

Quick Reply: Cleaning your Mustang