Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pissed about the FORD Spark Plugs!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 11:10 AM
nola504boy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by astentine
No offense, but if you're a broke college student, that GT better have been a steal, or you shouldn't be saying your broke... Or, well, have a GT even if that's the case
gt's are cheap cars.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:06 PM
lil_sixer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
True dat.

About the only recourse here is a class action suit. We got any lawyers on the board willing to take this on? I'm not saying I wont jump in and that Ford could have handled this better...just saying that its obvious they have zero intention of dealing with this without being forced to.
I soo agree with you,Ford really has zero attention for the people getting screwed over who bought Ford trucks and mustangs during 05-07. And Lawyers would be helpful!

I agree that they changed the design but that still doesnt help the cases for the owners of the 05-07 Trucks and mustangs.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:16 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Seriously, your world must of came to a halt and crumbled once you found out about the spark plugs.

Unless you have a broken plug in there right now, you're crying over something that may or may not happen. You've been given advice already on how to avoid breaking them.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:24 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lil_sixer
I soo agree with you,Ford really has zero attention for the people getting screwed over who bought Ford trucks and mustangs during 05-07. And Lawyers would be helpful!

I agree that they changed the design but that still doesnt help the cases for the owners of the 05-07 Trucks and mustangs.
I am surprised that Ford has not decided to discard the Motorcrap 2piece plug for a single piece plug. There are actually single piece plugs designed to not do this dreaded thing!
I think Champion makes and sells such a single piece plug. Why Ford does not install these form the factory instead, I don;t know.
Ford should just fire Motorcrap, or when their contract expires, not renew it and hire Champion instead.
Or if Motorcrap IS Ford, knowing this problem, which they have acknowledged in a written and issued TSB, they should simply redesign the plugs to not present this risk of failure.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Funster_2011V6
2nd Gear Member

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=137203
Old 03-27-2011, 06:09 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Funster_2011V6
You suggesting to use this to help get the plugs out or to help with the *** rape the dealer charges for replacing broken plugs?
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Wink

Like the song sung by that country chick, the OP and several Others just want to be mad. Nevermind that it isn't really even a big deal.

Btw, pleas for the love of GOD, will you people please read what other people post before you type the exact same thing. It's fairly obvious several people saw the OP's 1st post and skipped straight to writing they had to share their intelligent insight into the murky matter. Nevermind their beam of light had already been posted

Originally Posted by lil_sixer

1. Read the forum rules and avoid talks about legal matters
2. A simple tool rectifies the issue. You are acting as if the only solution is beheading
Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I am surprised that Ford has not decided to discard the Motorcrap 2piece plug for a single piece plug. There are actually single piece plugs designed to not do this dreaded thing!
I think Champion makes and sells such a single piece plug. Why Ford does not install these form the factory instead, I don;t know.
Ford should just fire Motorcrap, or when their contract expires, not renew it and hire Champion instead.
Or if Motorcrap IS Ford, knowing this problem, which they have acknowledged in a written and issued TSB, they should simply redesign the plugs to not present this risk of failure.
1. Ford=Motorcraft
2. Single piece plugs have been on the market since 2006, I think even as early as 2005 once the problem showed it's head
Old 03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

I'm a bit confused, did ford change the plug design or whatever for the 08-09's? Cause I am curious about it now, but I don't see how its really a huge problem... I mean, stuff breaks- especially mechanical, its ok, almost anything can be fixed/remedied...

gt's are cheap cars.

Last edited by aaquib1992; 03-27-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
nola504boy
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
I'm amazed there are so many monkeys in this thread not agreeing with the OP statement. We have been so brainwashed by corporate America and our politicians, that we, the consumer, have to pay for the f'cups of our leaders....I completely agree with you, this should have been fixed as part if the warrantee. I've personly screamed at my service manager and verbally expressed my discontent. I removed my plugs at 6k, and is not going to play their games to f'ck us over and make more money off us!

PS. Because you guys just take it up the rear, is the reason Ford did not do anything about it.
agreed^^^^^^
Old 03-27-2011, 07:34 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
I'm a bit confused, did ford change the plug design or whatever for the 08-09's?
Yes, it should be a single piece design.

Quick Reply: Pissed about the FORD Spark Plugs!