Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Mustang :)

Old 03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

CONGRADS!! how many times have you looked out to keep reminding yourself it is really there and yours!! (did that a few times when I got my Snake LOL)...now the MOST important thing is how you accessorize the passengers seat!!
Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM
RideThePonyTX

I'm about to purchase my first Mustang as well. What are some recommended mods for a first time Mustang owner?
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride! Just beware... once the modding begins you'll never quit!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:28 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Looks great! Have fun with it.

Not that it matters one bit, but "Deluxe" is the name for the Base Package. "Premium" is the upgraded one. It makes no difference at all though, because the engine is the same, and now that you are on MF, nothing else will remain stock.

I recommend looking over this forum as much as possible and just writing down ideas, looking up parts, just doing whatever you can to decide what you want to do to the car. When I got my first Mustang (05 V6) I had really wanted a 350Z but I wasn't allowed because it was too much power for a first car (according to father). Now I'm 19, and I have a 2007 GT/CS, and couldn't be happier. I passed on a 350 the second time around as well, because the customization and modability of the Mustang is so addicting that I didn't want to let it go, and I don't see myself doing so for quite a while.

Enjoy the car, keep taking pictures, and have fun with this Forum. It's quite helpful.

EDIT: Not that the engine will remain stock either, but you get my point haha.
Old 03-31-2011, 07:22 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

Congrats on your first stang =D And yes the mod bug will bite and will bite hard. It did when I got my first stang, and has again when i just bought my new 2010. Mustangs for life =D lol
Old 03-31-2011, 07:39 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Congrats man, Enjoy the ride and keep us updated on your future mods.

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Great looking car. Its nice getting one that hasn't be modded, then you can do what you want.
Its also good to have another Torch Red on the forum. I think besides Legend Lime and Grabber Orange we have the least.
Not many screaming yellows! haha

Originally Posted by Lifter583
CONGRADS!! how many times have you looked out to keep reminding yourself it is really there and yours!! (did that a few times when I got my Snake LOL)...now the MOST important thing is how you accessorize the passengers seat!!
AWESOME!!!!

Last edited by bakerjd; 03-31-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Welcome & enjoy the new ride!!! What part of GA, if in S.GA, this might help start the mod bug + you'll see some great cars!!!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...or-2011-a.html
Old 03-31-2011, 08:28 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Not many screaming yellows! haha

AWESOME!!!!
Ah you got me there. There are very few Screaming Yellow Mustangs on this forum. Its a cool color when its modded though, what a shame. :/
Old 03-31-2011, 08:32 PM
robs
3rd Gear Member

Congrats!!! I was 17 when I got the Mach I. I completely know how you feel. And yes! It's real! Enjoy. These ARE the best times!!! For what it's worth. I STILL got my first Mustang!

It's all about enjoyment! Never forget! Savor the feeling!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
Owen67
1st Gear Member

Vader, I actually live near Statesboro, Georgia. I'm going to be going to school at Georgia Southern University in the fall

Lifter, I have caught myself checking the garage repeatedly. Every morning when I open it up I am dazzled by it haha It's hard to believe that I actually have one.

I love the car! I'm picking up my scoops and louvers tomorrow! I'm really thinking about a set of rally stripes. Do you guys have any recommendations for striping? I was thinking of two black stripes from bumper to bumper. What do y'all think?

I literally smile everytime I get in the car or look at it. I love love love it I'm even getting better mileage in it than my 4 cylinder Toyota! I'm getting about 25 mpg on average (city and highway). I can't imagine a better way to get those 25 mpg either haha!

As for accessorizing my passenger seat. . . The girls sure do like it lol I'm single, but dad says I have no excuse now. I'm just picky. That's why I take such good care of my car haha! I completely agree with the need of driving slow so the ladies can check out the wheels

It's just a pleasure to drive. I don't think I'll ever own anything else now. I've always loved Mustangs, but I never figured myself for actually owning one. It's great!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My first Mustang :)